Any Other Business
Sakai A11y Help Documentation
- Discussion of progress on updating Sakai a11y help documentation
- Update from meeting with i18n team
- Neil sent email out to listserv discussing changes
- Temporarily move A11y help to confulennce until Sakai community can come up with a sustainable online help tool
- We want to make this process as i18n friendly as possible.
- The Accessibility group will maintain the help documentation in Confluence for now (until a sustainable solution is implemented for Sakai online help)
There will be a separate Confluence page for each translation which is made
The English page will be clearly marked as English and the link to the page clearly denoted as the English page
The first link on each translation page (including English page) will be a link that will point to a Confluence page containing a list of links to all the available translations
In Sakai CLE the English help documentation for Accessibility will be something like :
Within Sakai CLE each translation of the Accessibility help documentation (one or two sentences as per above) will point to it's own Confluence page with the translation of Accessibility help information. For example a Spanish translation in Sakai CLE will point directly to the Spanish Accessibility page in Confluence.
The Accessibility group will create the page in Confluence for the new translation and provide the link to the translator(s) so that they can include it in their Sakai translation.
Changes suggested from listserv
Neal suggested we might want to simplify this further and have it say something like "Please click here for Sakai CLE accessibility information."
Mary commented that for Neil's suggestion to work, the entire phrase "Please click here for Sakai CLE accessibility information" will need to be the link text.
Neal's suggested next steps
Get whatever text/link we want into Trunk
Joe H. would set up the structure on Confluence. We can then get going and probably get this into CLE 2.9.3
Perhaps we should also see if there is someone in i18n who would like to create the first translation?
This would help us smooth out any issues and provide a good model for other translators.
Deadline for completion of v1.0 of new accessibility information documents is May 11th?
CK Editor Accessible Content Creation Guidelines
Sakai 2.9 Accessibility Review
A11y Jiras that need testing/review
- Jira issues the AWG needs to review:
Next Meeting is May 2nd, 2013