Notes for Weekly OSP Conference Call on 6-18-2012
Chris Maurer, Indiana University
Nancy O'Laughlin, University of Delaware
Debbie Runshe, Indiana University
Janice Smith, Three Canoes
Lynn Ward, Indiana University
Agenda for Weekly OSP Conference Call
1. Technical Updates: See also items 3-11 below.
- IU interested in looking into a URL shortening service, perhaps this could be used in OSP.
- Still dealing with permissions issues in 2.9, e.g. references to assignments.
- Discussion of Assignments 1 and Assignments 2 features for 2.9.
- Perhaps use Assignments 2 and not make updates to Assignments 1 for 2.9.
- rSmart has decided they will not upgrade to Assignments 2; and planning to lock into 2.8. Future plans, at this time, to use OAE.
- Beta 6 for 2.9 due out this week.
2. Functional Updates.
- Teaching & Learning with Sakai OAE.
- Friday 11 AM EDT Phone Bridge.
- Discussion regarding the Teaching and Learning group’s involvement with the OAE development groups took place during the conference. Development of sites for others to see how OAE functions could be helpful.
- Portfolio Activities in OAE.
- Discussions happening re: development of portfolio functionality in OAE.
- Tentatively, Virginia Tech is planning to contribute to portfolio functionality, perhaps a developer.
- Kyoto University / Japanese community members are deciding between CLE / OSP and OAE; may be interested in contributing to portfolio functionality, perhaps a developer.
- Community would like for Lynn Ward to create documentation re: portfolio functionality in OAE.
- While these plans are being considered, there is some concern from URG members and others about this process. Perhaps a hybrid solution would be a better choice.
- For previous visioning activities, see Portfolio Visioning for Sakai OAE.
- Ongoing OSP Community Projects:
- 2012 TWSIA Portfolio Award. awarded to Teggin Summers, Virginia Tech, on First Year Experience: Pathways to Success. Teggin will present her entry at the Jasig-Sakai Conference.
- OSP Help.
- Upgrading portfolio pages on the Sakai Project website.
- OSP events at the Jasig-Sakai 2012 Conference. – overall, the conference went well.
- OSP Community presentations include a half-day functional workshop and a half-day technical workshop on Sunday, a Tech Fest table on Wednesday evening, and OSP Current and Future Innovations Panel on Thursday morning.
3. 2.9 QA Status Test Scripts, OSP QA 2.9 Signups with links to test scripts. - No updates at this time
4. QA Testing Information for OSP. - No updates at this time
5. Jira Filters - No updates at this time
6. High Priority Issues. See table at: https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/OSP/Portfolio+(OSP)+Meetings. Sakai/OSP Maintenance Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle)). - No updates at this time
- SAK-18766 Erratic Stickiness of Group and User, No page update after Manage Status in Matrices tool (UMICH).
7. Sakai Development Status (next major release cycle). - No updates at this time
- SAK-19184 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when English is not the default locale) - Part 2.
- SAK-16693Roster Synchronization (pending adding optional flag, branch, test server review and trunk merge).
- SAK-19469 Allow coordinators to view unpublished forms added/owned by another coordinator.
- SAK-19466 Unpublished forms not available to other coordinators in Portfolio Templates tool.
8. OSP Community Prioritization of Open Issues. - No updates at this time
9. OSP Reports Update and Continuing Issues. - No updates at this time
10. OSP Performance Issues. - No updates at this time
11. On the back burner. -No updates at this time
- Independent OSP release cycle: action items moving forward.