Notes for Weekly OSP Conference Call on 6-04-2012
Noah Botimer, University of Michigan
Chris Maurer, Indiana University
Debbie Runshe, Indiana University
Janice Smith, Three Canoes
Agenda for Weekly OSP Conference Call
- Technical Updates: See items 3-11 below.
- Functional Updates.
- Teaching & Learning with Sakai OAE.
- Friday 11 AM EDT Phone Bridge.
- Friday went over large/small class scenarios to provide examples for Sam and Nico
- Sam and Nico are concerned w/too much information, so group is working in an agile mode addressing their immediate needs
- Portfolio Activities in OAE.
- For previous visioning activities, see Portfolio Visioning for Sakai OAE.
- Ongoing OSP Community Projects:
- 2012 TWSIA Portfolio Award.
- Teggin Summers will present at conference as winner.
- OSP Help.
- No updates at this time
- Upgrading portfolio pages on the Sakai Project website.
- To be addressed after the conference.
- OSP events at the Jasig-Sakai 2012 Conference.- Janice and Lynn will continue to plan details.
- Waiting on proposals for - a note to the list and personal invitations to present was be sent out
- half-day functional workshop - Janice to do functional overview; Lynn to share ePDP website and SIS integration; Japanese representative will also be in attendance
- half-day technical workshop - Chris, et.al. will discuss form creation/form; renders is working on details
- Tech Fest table - Janice, Lynn (bringing laptop), Chris, & Noah may be available others welcome
- OSP Innovations Panel - Chris will share the Reports tool updates; Lynn will share upcoming changes to the ePDP project, e.g., ability to search and request access to portfolios/presentations, and ability for students to hide portfolios/presentations from a global search; Janice will share Tufts University updates; Bob and Lucy are will present NYU updates
- Find or make OSP Community banner for Tech Fest table.
- Janice is going to sew a banner. Lynn will try to bring a projector to project on wall behind the Tech Fest table.
3. 2.9 QA Status Test Scripts, OSP QA 2.9 Signups with links to test scripts.
- Andrea and Debbie have started testing again
- Reminder that Wizards is now in stealth mode; Chris writing ticket to make sure this happens in 2.9
- Another tag will not be out prior to conference, perhaps during conference (Beta 6)
- Andrea working on test scripts
4. QA Testing Information for OSP.
5. Jira Filters
- Chris updated Jira Issues Resolved and High Priority Issues
- Chris has been going through Jiras, working on fixes
6. Sakai/OSP Maintenance Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle)). - No updates at this time
- SAK-18766 Erratic Stickiness of Group and User, No page update after Manage Status in Matrices tool (UMICH).
7. Sakai Development Status (next major release cycle). - 2.8.8 release almost finalized
- SAK-19184 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when English is not the default locale) - Part 2.
- SAK-16693 Roster Synchronization(pending adding optional flag, branch, test server review and trunk merge).
- SAK-19469 Allow coordinators to view unpublished forms added/owned by another coordinator.
- SAK-19466 Unpublished forms not available to other coordinators in Portfolio Templates tool.
8. OSP Community Prioritization of Open Issues. - No updates at this time
9. OSP Reports Update and Continuing Issues
- Chris has been updating/fixing reports tool
- Reports available for 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, may require some minor changes depending on what reports are desired (Chris could be a resource)
- Students receive notifications in of evaluations in 2.8 & 2.9; to receive notifications in 2.7, may need minor changes (UM did this by addressing 20832)
10. OSP Performance Issues. - No updates at this time
11. On the back burner. - No updates at this time
- Independent OSP release cycle: action items moving forward.