Notes for Weekly OSP Conference Call on 5-21-2012
Chris Maurer, Indiana University
Nancy O'Laughlin, University of Delaware
Debbie Runshe, Indiana University
Janice Smith, Three Canoes
Lynn Ward, Indiana University
Agenda for Weekly OSP Conference Call
- Technical Updates: See items 3-11 below.
- Functional Updates.
- Teaching & Learning with Sakai OAE.
- Friday 11 AM EDT Phone Bridge.
- Last Friday decided to hold off meeting until after conference when we get feedback from design team and/or URG. This will be topic of discussion on Thursday afternoon of conference.
- Discussion has begun re: descriptions/user scenarios for course types, e.g., large introductory science course or an upper level humanities course, based on answers to 6 questions Sam has provided. Lynn will be sending these questions to the larger T&L group. There may need to be clarification re: these questions. Need sample content from courses that use best practices.
- Portfolio Activities in OAE.
- For previous visioning activities, see Portfolio Visioning for Sakai OAE.
- Ongoing OSP Community Projects:
- 2012 TWSIA Portfolio Award.
- Teggin Summers’ entry was the winner, the First Year Experience project and beyond. John Gosney’s entry, a unique/atypical use of the portfolio tool, received an honorable mention.
- OSP Help.
- Sam Ottendorf was waiting for Janice to review/verify the updates. Janice hopes to have this done by the conference.
- Upgrading portfolio pages on the Sakai Project website.
- To be addressed after the conference.
- OSP events at the Jasig-Sakai 2012 Conference. - Janice and Lynn will continue to plan details.
- Waiting on proposals for - a note to the list and personal invitations to present will be sent out
- half-day functional workshop - Janice to do functional overview; Lynn to share ePDP website and SIS integration; may see if others may be able to present: Virginia Tech’, Roger Williams, Marist, will send invitations to attend to: Capetown, Netherlands, Miami U of Ohio, and other new users
- half-day technical workshop - Chris, et.al. will discuss form creation/form renders
- Tech Fest table - will look for representatives
- OSP Innovations Panel - Chris will share the Reports tool; Lynn will share upcoming changes to the ePDP project, e.g., ability to search and request access to portfolios/presentations, and ability for students to hide portfolios/presentations from a global search; Janice will share updates on Help documents; Bob and Lucy are not available
- Find or make OSP Community banner for Tech Fest table.
- Janice is going to sew a banner. Lynn will try to bring a projector to project on wall behind the Tech Fest table.
3. 2.9 QA Status Test Scripts, OSP QA 2.9 Signups with links to test scripts. - No updates at this time
4. QA Testing Information for OSP. - No updates at this time
5. Jira Filters
6. Sakai/OSP Maintenance Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle)). - No updates at this time
- SAK-18766 Erratic Stickiness of Group and User, No page update after Manage Status in Matrices tool (UMICH).
7. Sakai Development Status (next major release cycle). -No updates at this time
- SAK-19184 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when English is not the default locale) - Part 2.
- SAK-16693Roster Synchronization (pending adding optional flag, branch, test server review and trunk merge).
- SAK-19469 Allow coordinators to view unpublished forms added/owned by another coordinator.
- SAK-19466 Unpublished forms not available to other coordinators in Portfolio Templates tool.
8. OSP Community Prioritization of Open Issues. - No updates at this time
9. OSP Reports Update and Continuing Issues. - Code has been made available on the experimental version of Sakai that has some other contrib tools; VT may be using the Reports tool soon
10. OSP Performance Issues. -No updates at this time
11. On the back burner. -No updates at this time
- Independent OSP release cycle: action items moving forward.