Notes for Weekly OSP Conference Call on 5-7-2012
Chris Mauer, Indiana University
Nancy O'Laughlin, University of Delaware
Debbie Runshe, Indiana University
Lynn Ward, Indiana University
Agenda for Weekly OSP Conference Call
- Technical Updates: See items 3-11 below.
- Functional Updates.
- Teaching & Learning with Sakai OAE.
- Ongoing OSP Community Projects:
- 2012 TWSIA Portfolio Award.
- Jan shared the successful conclusion to her participation on the TWSIA award committee. Accomplishments include the establishment of a TWSIA portfolio award, creation of a rubric for rating portfolio entries, success in getting a number of portfolio entries from the community and the selection of one entry for the award. We can look forward to one of our own on the podium at the Jasig-Sakai Conference in June.
- OSP Help - Jan sent an email inquiry to Sam Ottenhoff regarding the last steps for the OSP Help process and is planning to work with him to complete the process before the upcoming conference.
- Upgrading portfolio pages on the Sakai Project website - No updates at this time
- Jan shared her participation on the 2012 Sakai Fellows Committee resulting in recognition for portfolio community members has come to a successful conclusion.
- OSP events at the Jasig -Sakai 2012 Conference.
- Waiting on proposals for half-day functional workshop, half-day technical workshop, Tech Fest table, and OSP Innovations Panel. - Acceptance of three of our four OSP Community proposals for the Sakai Conference. Our Sunday AM and PM workshops have already been publicized. We are accepted for a table at the Tech Fest. The OSP Innovations Panel may not have been accepted because it does not appear to be on the conference schedule; Jan will do some checking. We have presenters for many of the slots but will need to do some additional recruiting.
- Find or make OSP Community banner for Tech Fest table. – Chris has not been able to locate the banner, so if a banner/poster is desired, we may need to have one created.
3. 2.9 QA Status Test Scripts, OSP QA 2.9 Signups with links to test scripts. - No updates at this time
4. QA Testing Information for OSP- No updates at this time
5. Jira Filters
- QA testing is occurring; resolved issues need to be tested
- There are still quite a few blockers (4) and criticals
6. Sakai/OSP Maintenance Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle)). - No updates at this time
- SAK-18766 Erratic Stickiness of Group and User, No page update after Manage Status in Matrices tool (UMICH).
7. Sakai Development Status (next major release cycle). - No updates at this time
- SAK-19184 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when English is not the default locale) - Part 2.
- SAK-16693Roster Synchronization (pending adding optional flag, branch, test server review and trunk merge).
- SAK-19469 Allow coordinators to view unpublished forms added/owned by another coordinator
- SAK-19466 Unpublished forms not available to other coordinators in Portfolio Templates tool
8. OSP Community Prioritization of Open Issues. - No updates at this time
9. OSP Reports Update and Continuing Issues. - No updates at this time
10. OSP Performance Issues. - No updates at this time
11. On the back burner. - No updates at this time
- Independent OSP release cycle: action items moving forward.