Notes for Weekly OSP Conference Call on 3-5-2012
Reba-Anna Lee, Marist College
Chris Mauer, Indiana University
Nancy O'Laughlin, University of Delaware
Debbie Runshe, Indiana University
Janice Smith, Three Canoes
Lynn Ward, Indiana University
1. Community Updates
* Teaching and Learning (T&L) Group.
o TWSIA Portfolio Award http://openedpractices.org/twsia
+ 2012 TWSIA Information
+ Application deadline extended: March 9, 2012
* Portfolio Visioning.
o Meeting with T&L with Sakai OAE every Friday, 11 AM EST.
+ T & L w/OAE met again last Friday, March 2nd, Lynn demoed new content editing capability and then talked about minispec re: task; this Friday, March 9th will work on use cases Note: the concept of a task is very generic at this point, could include linking task to outcome, e.g., portfolio task
- Members of this group went to Teaching and Learning with OAE site https://oae-community.sakaiproject.org/ to look at minispec for task and Lynn's sample, Susan's Senior Portfolios https://oae-community.sakaiproject.org/~presentation-portfolio-demo (https://oae-community.sakaiproject.org/~presentation-portfolio-demo*)
- It is possible to create a template, much like Presentation Maker, that you can share with students; PDFs will be created or links to work can be added
o Friday 11 AM EST Phone Bridge.
o For previous information see Portfolio Visioning for Sakai OAE.
* Ongoing OSP Community Projects.
o OSP Help
o Upgrading portfolio pages on the Sakai Project website.
* Planning for Sakai 2012 Conference - announcement to come out this week.
o Proposing half-day functional workshop, half-day technical workshop. Tech Fest table, OSP Innovations Panel.
o Find or make OSP Community banner for Tech Demo. - Chris will follow up to find banner
2. 2.9 QA Status Test Scripts, OSP QA 2.9 Signups with links to test scripts.
o Andrea Schmidt has submitted several JIRAs related to OSP, including blockers
o Unsure if anyone is testing other tools; Reba-Anna will check into this at Marist
o Chris repaired build last week
3. QA Testing Information for OSP - no additional information at this time.
4. #Resolved issues for 2.9. We need to go through this list to determine which issues need further explanation in order to clarify what needs to be tested. - no additional information at this time.
* High Priority Issues
5. Sakai/OSP Maintenance Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle)). - no additional information at this time.
* SAK-18766 Stickiness of Group and User, No page update after Manage Status in Matrices tool (UMICH).
6. Sakai Development Status (next major release cycle). - no additional information at this time.
* SAK-19184 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when English is not the default locale) - Part 2.
* SAK-16693 Roster Synchronization (pending adding optional flag, branch, test server review and trunk merge).
* SAK-19469 Allow coordinators to view unpublished forms added/owned by another coordinator
* SAK-19466 Unpublished forms not available to other coordinators in Portfolio Templates tool
7. OSP Community Prioritization of Open Issues. - no additional information at this time.
* OSP Jira Filters.
8. OSP Reports Update and Continuing Issues. - no additional information at this time.
9. OSP Performance Issues. - no additional information at this time.
* SAK-20715 Matrices slow to load.
10. On the back burner. - no additional information at this time.
* Independent OSP release cycle: action items moving forward.