Notes for Weekly OSP Conference Call on 1-9-2012
NO MEETING NEXT WEEK, JANUARY 16; NEXT MEETING JANUARY 23
Noah Bitomer, University of Michigan
Reba-Anna Lee, Marist College
Dave McPherson, Virginia Tech
Nancy O'Laughlin,University of Delaware
Debbie Runshe, Indiana University
Lynn Ward, Indiana University
1. Community Updates
* Teaching and Learning (T&L) Group.
o TWSIA Award
+ Draft Rubric
+ 2012 TWSIA Information - link to submit awards not available; encouragement to have individuals submit, must create account first; deadline March 2nd for applications
+ Nominations for Portfolio Judges - two levels of judging: 1st screening - Debbie volunteered, Dave asked to contact Teggin and Marc, Noah will ask individuals at University of Michigan; Darren Cambridge will chair second level of judging some individuals may be on both levels of screening/judging
* Portfolio Visioning.
o Portfolio Visioning for Sakai OAE.
+ Next meeting, Tuesday, January 10, 2012, 4:00-5:00pm EST, will be Visioning/Minispecs meeting to discuss our contribution to OAE and portfolio representative on URG.
o Portfolio Reports.
o Portfolio Minispecs.
* OSP Help
o Update sakai.properties documentation.
o Accessing 2.6 Help
o Completing 2.8 Help
o Planning for 2.9 Help
* Upgrading OSP pages on the Sakai Project website.
o Enhanced content and links to tool description and resources needed.
o Link to OSP Community Directory.
* Consider deprecating and/or removing from the tool list in the site.template.portfolio realm the Wizards tool. - Reminder Announcement sent to list, replies due by January 13, 2012 - no responses received to date in opposition to deprecating and/or removing from tool list.
o Wizards tool
o Design Your Own Portfolio function hidden.
o Portfolio Layouts
o Make sure that there is Help available to assist people in turning these features back on.
* Back burner items for future discussion ime.
o Recruiting OSP resources for QA or other activities. - new test scripts and signup sheet available; Marist has been testing.
o Planning for Sakai 2012 Conference. (Find or make OSP Community banner for Tech Demo.)
o Discussion of ways to alert Sakai Foundation leaders of the need to persuade Sakai (portfolio-using) institutions to put more funding into java developers working with OSP. - not much momentum.
o Response to Ian Dolphin's request for feedback from the OSP Community
o Possible occasional discussion of implementation, performance, and teaching and learning issues at our various institutions
2. 2.9 QA Status Test Scripts, OSP QA 2.9 Signups with links to test scripts.
3. QA Testing Informaton for OSP
4. #*Resolved issues for 2.9. We need to go through this list to determine which issues need further explanation in order to clarify what needs to be tested.
* High Priority Issues
o several issues added from Marist - they may have been using older scripts.
o beta tag has been prepared and soon to be released and ready for additional testing this week.
5. Sakai/OSP Maintenance Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle)).
* SAK-18766 Stickiness of Group and User, No page update after Manage Status in Matrices tool (UMICH).
6. Sakai Development Status (next major release cycle). - no additional information at this time.
* SAK-19184 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when English is not the default locale) - Part 2.
* SAK-16693 Roster Synchronization (pending adding optional flag, branch, test server review and trunk merge).
* SAK-19469 Allow coordinators to view unpublished forms added/owned by another coordinator
* SAK-19466 Unpublished forms not available to other coordinators in Portfolio Templates tool
7. OSP Community Prioritization of Open Issues. - no additional information at this time.
* OSP Jira FIlters.
8. OSP Reports Update and Continuing Issues. - no additional information at this time.
9. OSP Performance Issues. - no additional information at this time.
* SAK-20715 Matrices slow to load.
10. On the back burner. - no additional information at this time.
* Independent OSP release cycle: action items moving forward.