Notes for Weekly OSP Conference Call on 11-09-2011
Noah Boetimer, University of Michigan
Dave MacPherson, Virginia Tech
Chris Mauer, Indiana University
Jacques Raynauld, Montreal MATI
Debbie Runshe, Indiana University
Janice Smith, Three Canoes
1. Community Updates
- Teaching and Learning (T&L) Group.
o Design Lenses meeting Wednesday, November 9, 2011 | 5:00-6:00 PM EST
o AAEEBL Regional conference at Virginia Tech today going well, both Sakai and non-Sakai schools in attendance.
- Portfolio Visioning.
o Portfolio Visioning for Sakai OAE.
+ Next Visioning meeting November 22, 2011 | 4:00-5:00 PM EST, Lynn Ward will do an OAE demo with a focus on functionality for portfolios.
o Portfolio Reports.
+Dave is working on Reports.
o Portfolio Minispecs.
+ November 8, 2011, meeting canceled.
+ Next meeting: December 13, 2011 | 4:00-5:00 PM EST
- OSP Help .
o Help for 2.6 complete, turned over for final review before it is posted.
- Upgrading OSP pages on the Sakai Project website .
o Janice and Lynn completing work; will give content to Shawn to put up pending approval from the community.
o Received approval from the community to put the content up; changes can be made if necessary.
- Back burner items for future discussion – no additional information at this time.
o Recruiting OSP resources for QA or other activities.
o Planning for Sakai 2012 Conference. (Find or make OSP Community banner for Tech Demo.)
o Discussion of ways to alert Sakai Foundation leaders of the need to persuade Sakai (portfolio-using) institutions to put more funding into java developers working with OSP.
o Response to Ian Dolphin's request for feedback from the OSP Community
o Possible occasional discussion of implementation, performance, and teaching and learning issues at our various institutions
2. 2.9 QA Status: testing server is up; the testing schedule has not been announced; QA server will have to be redeployed.
- Resolved issues for 2.9. We need to go through this list to determine which issues need further explanation in order to clarify what needs to be tested.
o High Priority Issues - some high priority issues at top of list may be browser related, being followed up on
+ 21212: Will follow up w/Chuck; hopefully this will resolve some of the other browser-related issues
+ 21250: There are some comments on this FCK editor issue; appears to be a sporadic problem which is confusing; may also be a browser issue; appears in other tools; Sam from Longsight is paying attention to this, as well as, UM; may be a portal/IE issue.
+ 21347: Issue w/comments, Chris merged patch
+ 21349: Could have been a problem since last December when it was merged could not change description, enable/disable comments, merged back to 2.8.x ... and made fixes
+ 18766: Noah will work on stickiness
3. Sakai/OSP Maintenance Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle)).
- SAK-18766 Erratic Stickiness of Group and User, No page update after Manage Status in Matrices tool (UMICH).
4. Sakai Development Status (next major release cycle). – no additional information at this time.
- SAK-19184 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when English is not the default locale) - Part 2.
- SAK-16693 Roster Synchronization (pending adding optional flag, branch, test server review and trunk merge).
- SAK-19469 Allow coordinators to view unpublished forms added/owned by another coordinator
- SAK-19466 Unpublished forms not available to other coordinators in Portfolio Templates tool
- Dave working on the functionality to export Sakai portfolio to import Google sites so that students will be able to us it outside of the Sakai system. Working on documentation as well for future incorporation.
5. OSP Community Prioritization of Open Issues. – no additional information at this time.
6. OSP Reports Update and Continuing Issues. – no additional information at this time.
7. OSP Performance Issues. –
- SAK-20715 Matrices slow to load. Noah discussed performance issues last week; UD has done some testing and the main view screen performance has been improved, however, missed 2.8.1 release; hopes 2.8.2 release will be coming soon; still problems for site associations & assignment linking; edit properties screen has been slow and has not been looked at yet; hope to complete and close out soon.
8. On the back burner. – no additional information at this time.
- Independent OSP release cycle: action items moving forward.