Opencast Matterhorn and the Sakai LA Conference
Ian Dolphin, Mathieu Plourde, Jenn Cummings, Michelle Ziegmann.
- We will not record everything
- Getting the most out of the conference
- Shipping costs (extra suitcase)
- Social engineering for wireless connectivity?
- Debbie is about to do a site visit
- Find out what the language was at the ELI conference about the use of the wireless
- Capture agent 3X (U. of Sask) - Others could bring agents as well
- Establish how many breakout rooms we have, how many tracks (5 or 6)?
- We have to provide the camera
- High-end - Maned OR
- HD Webcams with wide angle (Ja-Sig plans on buying or renting)
- Microphones (snowball mic) - See what's recommended
- Better if they are hardwired for fast processing?
- Can be connected later
- Server at U. Nebraska, scheduled from there
- Will take the recording and process it.
- Config is key, probably better to leave it in one room
- 3 people to set things up, shifts to make sure everything works
- Mathieu can help as well
Post-Editing and Publication
- Matterhorn processing, publishing
- Decide on hosting
- Overlap between Sakai and Opencast schools?
- Decide what needs to be streamed
- Wired connections for the computers that are streamed