Introduction to OSP Pre-Conference Workshop
Speakers: This 1/2-day session will be led by a diverse group of panelists from the University of Amsterdam, University of Michigan, Indiana University, Syracuse University, Weber State University, Portland State University, and LaGuardia Community College as well representatives from rSmart, portfolio4u and SingleMind Consulting.
Explore the varied uses of portfolios (from institutional assessment to achieving learning goals to personal presentations), recieve a tour of several OSP implementations, and gain a detailed overview of the functionality of each component of OSP. The session will begin with an overview of the goals and motivations universities have for using portfolios, and include examples of different types of portfolios implemented at various institutions.
The session will also provide a roadmap for the rest of the OSP conference sessions to help participants make the best use of their time during the conference.
Introduction, History, and Background (Wende)
The Eport Mindset and How the Pedagogical and Technology Merge (John)
- 2:00 Overview
What is an Eportfolio/Types of Portfolios (assessment, learning, personal presentation) (John)
Example of Institutional Need
3:10 University of Amsterdam
- 3:40 Small group break out to discuss who each participant will use eport at their institution
- 3:55 Tools (start with complete list--address what they would see in their instance, focus on primary)
- Getting Started in a Week
- Roles Needed to Implement Eport
- Where is OSP at
- Community Library
- Session leaders are encouraged to post their presentation materials as Attachments to this Page. (See Attachments tab above.)
- Session leaders are encouraged to post their podcasts on the main Amsterdam Podcasts page (a central repository of podcasts) and may also choose to link to them from their session page. See the main Amsterdam conference wiki page for more details.
- Session leaders are also encouraged to appoint a session convener, a podcast recorder and/or a note-taker and post the minutes of their session on a Page (see Add Page link near top-right.)
- Participants and Session Leaders are encouraged to post Comments (see Comment form below) or create additional Pages as needed to facilitate collaboration (see Add Page link near top-right.)
- Child Pages for this session (Added Pages will automatically appear in this list)