Challenges for Implementing SAKAI in FET College Environment, South Africa
Speaker(s): Engela Franken
South Africa faces unique challenges in the education environmnent. When Gert Sibande College (Futher Education and Training) decided to use SAKAI as LMS, we encountered a lot of resistance from the education community, mainly due to ignorance and lack of knowledge. The resistance we encountered from commercial partners had to be "managed" in a much more creative manner. We share Lessons learned.
- Session leaders are encouraged to post their presentation materials as Attachments to this Page. (See Attachments tab above.)
- Session leaders are encouraged to post their podcasts on the main Amsterdam Podcasts page (a central repository of podcasts) and may also choose to link to them from their session page. See the main Amsterdam conference wiki page for more details.
- Session leaders are also encouraged to appoint a session convener, a podcast recorder and/or a note-taker and post the minutes of their session on a Page (see Add Page link near top-right.)
- Participants and Session Leaders are encouraged to post Comments (see Comment form below) or create additional Pages as needed to facilitate collaboration (see Add Page link near top-right.)
- Child Pages for this session (Added Pages will automatically appear in this list)