This contains information related to the 0.5 release tasks
JIRA tracking: http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/EVALSYS
Defer to next milestone=
- Shift all app constants into a central location (EvalConstants) Aaron Zeckoski
- Put render constants into EvaluationConstant and deprecate the app constants that are there
- Internationalization Will Humphries, Rui Feng
- Break out strings in all producers into properties file
- Use the locale to render all dates and other strings in producers
- Complete all I18N and test various strings and pages
- Split current template session bean into 1 session bean and 2 request beans Will Humphries
- templateBBean (for handling ordering and saving title/desc)
- itemsBean (for saving items and associating them with templates)
- Switch command button links over to standard links and send params via GET
- Logic layer refactor Aaron Zeckoski
- Split logic layer into multiple beans
- Add test cases for all logic methods
- Implement all logic methods
- Update DAO layer
- Switch producer code over to using new logic layer APIs Rui Feng
- Update EvaluationBean to use the new logic API Rui Feng
- Update old TemplateBean to use the new logic API Rui Feng
- Remove old logic API and IMPL
- Allow templates to be saved with no items associated Aaron Zeckoski
- Do NOT allow evaluations to be created with an empty template Aaron Zeckoski
- Remove the ItemDisplay object from the system Rui Feng
- Remove deprecated methods and constants Rui Feng
- Stabilize the data access layer and DB design Aaron Zeckoski
- Update HBMs to remove the old items linkage
- Add TemplateItem persistent object
- Change HBMs to use new TemplateItem
- Update adding items to templates code Will Humphries
- Update getting items from templates code Will Humphries
- Create new database image to post online
- Update the handling of Block items Rui Feng
- Add all BLOCK child Item to Template
- Write separate static method to filter block Items from template
- Write separate static method get block child items with matching block parent ID
- Administrative Tools (see the detailed tasks here) Kapil Ahuja
- Administrative homepage (including use of WritableBeanLocator thing).
- Scale control.
- Verify that the 4 major parts of the system are working (create template, start eval, take eval, view report) (see the detailed tasks here) Kapil Ahuja
- Use System Settings (see the detailed tasks here) Kapil Ahuja
- Update the code to use the system settings (overrides, defaults, etc...) - EVALSYS-14
- update all the places which uses template.getItems() to use the new logic layer methods Rui Feng
- bug: after a student already take an evaluation, summary page still shows the link for take evalution, student can take it again
- bug: SaveEvaluation with StartDate as today (must put the date in the future at point of save) Rui Feng
- debug: EvalStart page only show public template (it should include private template)
- TAKE EVAL
- Revisit the 3 TODO's (actually only 1 TODO) of order of options in ITEM_DISPLAY page. Rui Feng
- Remove 2 TODO's from EvaluationBean of initializing 100 items. See note there.
- the radio button of the first template need to slected by default for Start Eval Page-- now it is not been set
- the evlaution bean need to be cleared, if start a new evalution — now it keeps the old value in the page
- Create a include file for preview_eval.html and take_eval.html.
- Actual sending email:
- logic, functionality-- Actual sending email
- get siteID
- get UserInfo, get userEmail
- use EmailService to send email
- For sending email we need details of users in a course. So from SITE API get list of users. Then from USER API get details of each user.
- For actual sending email refer to the Email API (Email Service class).
- On settings page if you use Cancel button several times...sometime something goes wrong.
- If you remove items randomly many times you get null pointer in remove producer because of some N/A not set in template Bean (seem to be fixed but need more robust testing).
- Improvement: move the setScale to logic layer and clean it more.
- Add a comment question to all evaluations (use system setting to determine this)
- In EvaluationDAOImpl.java see why DetachedCriteria not working.
- Resolve bug: Item page check box "N/A" not value binding correctly when "preview" button was clicked before "save" button clicked
- Resolve bug: Item Page radio button group "category" not value binding correctly when "preview" button was clicked before "save" button clicked
- Also, we would use date widgets so don't worry about all this. Use dates wigets by Antranig (see this attached file which is transcript of chat with Antraing Rui Feng