This page is for Sakai issues arising from technical or architecture design decisions that impact negatively on scaleability or performance.
Mostly resolved in 2.5, though still shows slow performance for:
- very large topics (say 500+ messages)
- synoptic tool in my workspace
- sites with a large number of groups
- Scalability issues sending messages in sites with large membership
(resolved in 2.5)
Resources / Content Hosting
(improved in 2.5)
(mostly resolved in 2.5?)
(resolved in 2-5-x)
Tools / services which affect app server stability and performance
JSF "stuck threads" issue:
- Tests and Quizzes:
Table and index structure
Slow DB queries
- : Permissions checks slow in sites with large membership
Volume of database queries
- : Excessive db queries generated from permissions updates in sites with provided users.
- : Reduce number of CM queries required when user logs in (hibernate impl)
- : Chat "stuck threads"
- : HTTP Basic operations create a login event for each request and refreshes authzgroups
- : Excessive db queries generated from Site Info / user service. Site Info generates 5 db queries for every site member (1 to SAKAI_USER and 4 to SAKAI_USER_ID_MAP).
- : Excessive db queries for dropbox on site update actions
- : Dropbox Performance Problems
- : The table structure of SAKAI_SESSION forces the db (at least mysql) to do a full table scan to find out which sessions are currently open.
- , : Performance degrades with a large number of messages
- : Section Info: Overview page generates too many queries leading to performance issues
- : Improve Group performance