Participants: Robin, Kate, Sue, Josh, Mathieu, Maggie, Steve Lonn, Charlie, Salwa
1. Merge of the User Support Group and the T&L Group
- Josh: Good deal of common topics between the two groups.
- Lots of email messages on the lists about that.
- Robin: She will moderate the next User conference call. Will propose a joint call.
- Steve: We all want to support our users.
- Monthly conference call with a user/teaching and learning focus.
- We would need a structure, a goal for these calls.
- We need to identify our audiences.
- Marist: Need to see what faculty members are doing with Sakai.
- General public: what can be done in Sakai.
- Case studies (exemplary or not)
- Parts of a course (tools), not necessarily whole course.
- Index by tools, disciplines, institutions
- Steve: Need instructions too.
- We are the first audience, but we could push the info to faculty members and staff.
- We could model our cases studies on the one that rSmart did, then let people drill down.
- Goals of the calls:
- Promote the use of OpenEdPractices
- Revise our list of priorities
- Presentation of a case study in each meeting (Robin will present her stuff first)
- Date: 11:30 ET (8:30 PT), Tuesday Jan. 13 or Weds Jan. 14.
- Application is now live.
- We should do a spot check to make sure everything is fine.
- Will be in tomorrow's Sakai news letter.
- How many winners? We have enough funding for 2 winners as of now.
- We need to state what winners will win on the home page of the award.
- The rubric has to be cleaned up fast. We should hide the content and link to the PDF only for now.
- Need a link to a reader too.
- If you apply for someone else, create the profile of the instructor first.
- We should invite people to be a part of the initial judging.
- Need a note on the Confluence page.
- Kate would like to use a Google Doc to gather the scores and comments.
- The initial judging would be in March. deadline Feb. 2.
- We need a judge training session (screencast + conference call).
- Maggie will build a screencast through Adobe Connect.