Participants: Josh, Janet, Kate, Dale, Matt, Nate, Chuck, Maggie (an hour late LOL), Michael
1. Paris Conference - Pre-conference workshop Updates
We don't know the audience...
Pre-Conference Planning Page
- If runner-ups are attending, have them present during the pre-conference?
- Some were not in the top 10
- Chuck: 30 minutes
- Make Sakai be public
- Learning communities
- Open education, fair use, creative commons
- Panel discussion
[* Faculty development models
- ETUDES: Train the trainer
- Virginia Tech
- Indiana: more conceptual, not tool training
- Teaching for tenure?
- Put our stuff up for next Friday
2. Paris Conference - TWSIA updates
- Before the keynote on Wednesday
- Have a slide show with
- Names of winners
- Special thanks to rSmart
Winners will split a 75 minutes session after the keynote.
- Janet, Matt, Kate, and Maggie
- No need for a lot of discussion on OpenEd, use the BOF instead.
3. Birds Of a Feather
- Discussion for next year's award
- Must be after the winner's presentation
- Thursday from 4-5 would be the most probable time
4. OpenEd Practices site
- Nate wants to add some content
- Glossary is being put up
- Plans for next updates
- Site is in repository mode
- Not an introduction verbiage on home page
- Promote institutions and people profiles
- Showcase info from other sites
- Events channel
- News channel
- Aggregate feeds and blogs
- Practices vs courses vs resources
- Need for a BOF?
- Use this community first
- Get Marist to help Nate to modify the site before the Paris conference
5. Dinner arrangements
- Sunday: Just us
- Monday: Nothing yet
- Tuesday: Nothing yet
- Wednesday: Winners, Sakai Board, Keynote.
- Thursday: After BOF, invite new members