Participants: Mathieu, Charlie, Robin, Josh, Maggie
1. Teaching with Sakai Innovation Award
- Press Release: We should have a formal press release from the Sakai Foundation and IBM, like last year.
- Announce it on the 11th? Same day as Michael's keynote speech.
- State of the online application form.
- IBM will promote the Award at their booth at EDUCAUSE (flyer).
- Changes to the sponsorship plan.
- Need to change the plan a little to make it public.
- Need to be put into the newsletter.
- We need to find the support level sponsors.
- Mary Miles could send the word out to the commercial affiliates. Good way to give them a heads-up before we contact them.
- No need to be a commercial affiliate.
- Each of us could try to reach out to one or two personal contacts.
- Need to change the sponsorship plan (Josh):
- IBM as Leader-level
- Not a draft anymore
- Co-sponsors? Need to find a way to split the benefits... Last resort?
- Deadline to answer: November 5th? Would not leave a lot of time before the conference.
- Shorter deadlines puts more pressure. Need more wiggle room afterward.
- Talk about the VA Tech event. Leveraging the kickoff press release.
- We need 4 support-level sponsors.
- Josh will send an email to the list when the sponsorship plan will be updated.
- Use the TWSIA09 page to update which contacts you have made.
1.1 Technical Follow-Up on Submission Form
Changes to the submission process
- 1. Character count: need to test it (Maggie)
Nate will visit Marist after VA Tech to train the students.
2. VA Tech Regional Conference