Participants: Josh, Salwa, Mathieu, Robin, Sue, Margaret
1. TWSIA Deadline Approaching
- Not concerned. Everyone submits at the deadline.
- We should get a bit more than last year.
- Next Sakai newsletter? The next one might be after the deadline. Sue will check.
- Will post to the Announcements, K12, T&L, Portfolios lists.
- Sue will contact Etudes, Josh will talk to the Sakai Board.
2. Use Cases for Sakai 3
- Some faculty members might be thrown back from the freedom of Sakai 3.
- Lack of structure might be an issue for students too.
- Using templates is key.
- Skinning versus templates.
- Best practices for both.
- Josh: from the board retreat. What Cambridge and GA Tech will pilot a pre-release of Sakai 3.
- We should all submit use cases.
3. LMS Committee feedback at the University of Delaware
- Salwa: Hard to keep people interested.
- Still meeting twice a year.
- Josh: held off this year.
- Will formally do this next semester.
- Sue: Sakai Implementation Team with rep. from all colleges. Still meet on a monthly basis.
- Presentations by faculty members on how to migrate from other LMSs.
- Lots of training. Shared with all participants.
- Sakai integration with ERP is an issue.
- Sue: got the libraries involved. They do the F2F training.
- Captivate modules.
- Robin suggest to discuss this at the next End-User meeting.
- Opportunity to make the T&L and End-User groups closer.
- Lots of doc on the End-User Confluence space.
- Local tweaks are cumbersome.
- Branding is a challenge to sharing.
- Margaret will look at some of the material from the Paris conference.
4. EDUCAUSE Proposal Deadline Coming Soon
- Josh will write a proposal about the TWSIA.
- Sue: Merlot is also coming up.
- We should leverage this for other conferences and split the presentation load.
5. Sakai Conference Pre-Conference
- Huge success last time.
- We should repeat this time.
6. Next Week
- We will try to get Nathan Pearson on the call.