Participants: Mathieu Plourde, Steven Foehr, Robin Hill, Nancy O'Laughlin, Janet deVry, Eddie Watson, John Moore, Tracey (UC Berkeley), Sue Roig.
1. VA Tech Regional Conference Follow-Up
- We are a little behind.
- Signed contract with hotel.
- Website for registration will be functional next week.
- Asked Mary Miles to be on this call next week.
- Plenary/keynote slots
- 12 other slots to fill
- 3 rooms (Auditorium 150 + 2 other rooms)
- T&L room, Migration and adoption.
- Flex space at the hotel, BOF room, Auditorium.
- A faculty from VA Tech (Jen) could be a keynote. Did a lot of assessment, blogged about her experience with new CLE.
- Panel of faculty
- Invite new people into the conversation. Preference will be given to...
- Basics of assessment? Could be interesting. With or without Sakai. Almost nothing in Paris.
- Migration. (Salwa did a web page). Breakout into legacy LMS groups.
- Winners of the TWSIA. Could be the kickoff of the Award. At least Aileen could be there in person.
- Follow-up next week
2. Teaching with Sakai Innovation Award
- Next steps:
- Complete the plan
- Ask IBM first
- Get Josh and Michael involved first.
- We should have a draft of a complete sponsorship plan next week to discuss.
- Should we use the same judges from last year?
- Ken would be willing to do it. Don't know about the other ones.
- We could have one of the winners on the panel.
- Insiders? Too many contacts in all colleges. Conflicts of interest.
- Outsiders give us more visibility outside of the community.
- We should have more than 3.
- Janet will send our last's year email to Sue.
- Do our judges want to be involved for many years to come?
- This group should post a list of people they would like to contact.
- Get someone from outside the US involved.
- Give the first refusal to Karen and Ken?
- Let's build a list and discuss it next week? Sent by email, not made public.
- Need to put a note on confluence if you want to be involved in the judge selection process. Sue will manage that part.
- Application process:
- Need to get in touch with Nate at another time slot.