Participants: Josh, Kate, Janet, Robin, Mathieu, Peter
1.1 TWSIA Judging (Kate)
- Kate has created a Google form to support the judging process. See attached file.
- We will input tentative dates on the planning page.
- We have to start from the time finalists are notified and work backwards.
- Winners' notification has to be done at mid May.
- May 1st: Announce winners
- Week of April 18th: final judging
- Week of March 30th: pick the finalists
- March 18th: Top picks selected
- March 4th: Orientation during our regular call
- March 1st: Initial judging process starts (Deadline: 3-16 to review)
- Janet: Reading applications is time-consuming
- We need to define who's going to review out of the sign-up list.
- Invite sponsors to be involved. Josh will make contacts.
- Need to check for credentials.
- Kate will be involved with the coordination of the judging.
- Need to check with Maggie on the availability of their Adobe Connect platform for finalists. Others could host, institution who hosts will become main contact for judges.
- We need to gather dates and times from final judges in the weeks on April 6th, 13th, 20th. (Kate)
- Technology test before.
- Sue is the main contact for judges. Maggie did it last year.
- We will try to make sure we have the funding to bring in the winners. Might be able to bring 2 or 3.
- We will try to ask our sponsors if we're strapped for cash, then the Foundation.
2. Nathan Pearson on the UX Initiative and Sakai 3 - Use cases
- Not this week. Josh is on the case.
3. Sakai Conference Pre-Conference
- Last year: Split session
- Dr. Chuck on opening up his course
- Various faculty showcases, policies, open mic.
- Need to announce it up front so that people come prepared to share
- 5 minutes of fame: time to brag
- 5 minutes of shame: time to point fingers
- We need to make sure Peter knows in advance to book rooms
- We need to know about what portfolio folks are doing
- We could invite UX folks to our session to build bridges
- Working session with multiple audiences
- Sharing use case to collect faculty feedback and reroute to developers, UX folks
- Not easy to ask our faculty members about requirements and not being able to follow through locally.
- Site stats and reports are boring but needed (Robin, Kate)
- Peter: will try to get more institutions to own tools in Sakai 3. Incomplete requirements are an issue too.
- Peter: Sakai 3 demo this Friday at 12:00 noon eastern. Email will follow shortly.