Participants: Josh, Mathieu, Robin, Luke Fernandez, Salwa, Charlie, Sue
1. Teaching with Sakai Innovation Award
- We don't have anybody secured yet for the support-level.
- No commitment at this point.
- Charlie: Contributors like to know in advance. We should publicize it earlier.
- Don't need the money until the second quarter of next year.
- Need the money at the end of May to cover travel expenses.
- Josh will follow-up with Unicon.
- Sponsors will miss an opportunity if they don't tell us before the VA Tech event.
- Need to announce the number of winners.
- We might not have to announce that we will fund winners... At what point will we need to become specific?
- To get things going: announce that the winner will get a free trip to the Boston conference.
- Sue: Need for a press release during the VA Tech event? Start from the last one.
- Time it with Micheal's address. Need to build some slides for him.
- Sue: We want to use Elluminate for Salim (he has issues with his firewall) at VA Tech and the judging process. Sue will follow up. Selling point.
- Hard to reach people during EDUCAUSE...
- Copies of the flyers are now distributed at EDUCAUSE. Worked out great.
- Mary Miles has sent the sponsorship plan to all commercial affiliates.
- Karen Swan: Accepted.
- Ken: Pending.
- Piet: Pending.
Rubrics and Submission Process
- Matt and Nate have put in some time to update the info.
- Let's wait after EDUCAUSE to talk about this.
- Using MS Word as a gauge. Need to write down some clear instructions.
2. Demo Courses
- Initiated by Robin.
- Something on the web which doesn't need to login.
- Robin will have a call with rSmart tomorrow.
- They should be able to post 6 courses to the world.
- Robin has done presentations before about this topic.
- Permissions are tricky. Need to take out the write permission.
- Should be linked from the Sakai site.
- Sharing practices, not best practices.
- There is a need for these kind of examples.
- Sue: CGU is involved in a similar initiative.
- Hard to demonstrate the customization possibilities of Sakai. Other LMSs are canned. May appeal to some instructors.
- We need OpenEdPractices to be able to incorporate these demos.
- Do we need these demos to be unbranded?
- The goal is adoption (institutions and faculty).
- Robin has set-up a page already. http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/USER/Showing+Demo+Courses
- Salwa: User group also has a similar initiative.
- Quick and easy access is key. Need to see the process.
- Need a clean page for decision makers.
- We should integrate the winners from last year in.
- Need to contact the Paris folks to get source videos to publish snippets.
3. VA Tech Regional Conference