This is the home page of a collaborative effort amongst the Library and Sakai communities to design and develop a product to make library resources more accessible and useful within the new Sakai 3 collaboration and learning environment. More information about Sakai 3 is available on the managed Sakai 3 project to deliver Sakai 3.0 by the end of June 2011 page.
We recently completed a multi-institutional user research study to understand more about why and how instructors use scholarly resources while preparing and conducting their courses - Download our report
We communicate through the Web Meetings listed below. These web meetings are open to all - feel free to join us!
Questions? Interested in getting involved? Email us!
Interview Protocol: interviewer training, resources necessary for an interview and what to do after completing an interview.
Interviewee Summary: quickly see the distribution of interviewees we have recorded so far.
Interviewee Information Form: complete this form to add a new interviewee to our records.
- Discussing updates from the Sakai Conference and next steps for the Library & Sakai 3 Integration Project.
- Discussing context scenarios, the beginnings of requirements and initial lo-fidelity prototypes.
- Discussing personas, workflow and a community context scenarios activity.
- Discussing findings from the multi-institutional instructor research study and next steps in the design process.
February 25 meeting canceled
The Library & Sakai integration meeting scheduled for Thursday (2/25) is canceled, as Gaurav is unexpectedly away from the office. The next call will be held Thursday, March 25th, 11:30am-1pm Eastern.
- Updates on the 25 finished interviews, preliminary findings from analysis and debriefing sessions and what's next now that we have this data.
- Updates from schools that have completed interviews, insights from interviews so far and plans to get the data collected and analyzed.
- Discussing how the user interview preparation process is going, share successful strategies/resources and address outstanding issues.
- Discussing user interviews: main research question, interview goals, process and coordination.
- Discussing project vision, institutional involvement and beginning the user interview process.
June 23, 2009
- Gauging community needs and how to communicate.
- Initial discussion of potential vignettes.
Connect to a Web Meeting
All Web Meetings are at 11:30am - 1pm Eastern using the Sakai001 Conference Bridge:
- Telephone: +1 812 856 7060
- Polycom or Lifesize: 184.108.40.206##22X
- Tandberg or XMeeting: 22X@220.127.116.11
- Conference Code: 22348#
- PIN: 72524#
Adobe Acrobat Connect will be available only as needed for screen sharing at http://breeze.iu.edu/libsakai
Sakai 3 Potential Library Vignettes
Library & Sakai 3 User-Centered Design Proposal
Existing Sakai library integration use cases 2005-2009
Presentation from 10th Sakai Conference, Boston, July 10, 2009
Boston Conference Notes (currently available only to project members)