Portfolios in Sakai Conference Call
There will be no community call on Monday, December 1, at 9 AM EST. Instead, please consider attending the following event at 12 noon EST on Wednesday, December 3, sponsored by the Apereo Foundation.
3rd December, 12 noon US Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Karuta is a new open source ePortfolio that has been LTI-enabled for integration with Sakai. Karuta was created in the spirit of the Open Source Portfolio (OSP). Karuta 1.0, which is currently available for piloting, offers dramatic flexibility for designing learning portfolios with rubrics for the assessment of learning outcomes. Subsequent releases will add functionality for assessment, accreditation, and showcasing, along with a migration path from OSP to Karuta. This webinar will outline the incubation process Karuta is undergoing with the Apereo Foundation and provide a detailed demonstration of current Karuta portfolio functionality.
The webinar will use Big Blue Button. Choose Apereo Room 1, enter your name and the password apereo at:
In 2015, the Sakai Portfolio community will continue meeting on the first Monday of each month at 9 AM EST in order to be more inclusive of portfolio community members living outside of North America.
On Monday, January 5, we will meet at 9 AM EDT, corresponding to 1 PM GMT, 2 PM CET, and 11 PM JST.
We will be using Calliflower, to better facilitate international participation (via local telephone numbers).
To call in using your phone, look up your local Calliflower number at https://apps.calliflower.com/account/call_in_numbers?organizer=373124
Call your local Calliflower number at 9 AM EDT (see corresponding times above) and provide the following conference code: 422-4177
NOTE: You can use Skype to call into Calliflower. Just search Skype for "calliflowerskype" and use that contact to call in and enter the conference code.
.If you have any issues calling in, email email@example.com to report the problem.
Agenda for January 5, 2015.
- Access to revised OSP Help in Sakai KB
- New features soon to be released for Karuta Open Source Portfolio - Apereo Incubation Project
- Update on the migration path from OSP to Karuta
- Additional Items?
OSP Technical Status:
Resolved issues for 2.9.
High Priority Open Issues
Pending Development Work
- Sakai/OSP Maintenance Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers : Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle).
- SAK-18766 Erratic Stickiness of Group and User, No page update after Manage Status in Matrices tool (UMICH).
- Sakai Development Status
- SAK-19184 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when English is not the default locale) - Part 2.
- SAK-16693 Roster Synchronization (pending adding optional flag, branch, test server review and trunk merge).
- SAK-19469 Allow coordinators to view unpublished forms added/owned by another coordinator
- SAK-19466 Unpublished forms not available to other coordinators in Portfolio Templates toolOSP Community Prioritization of Open Issues.
- OSP Jira FIlters.
- On the back burner.
- Independent OSP release cycle: action items moving forward.