Sakai 10 qa1 Testing corresponds to the first round of QA testing for Sakai 10
Sakai 10 Test Fest
Sakai 10 - QA01/QA02
QA01/QA02 testing continues, through the end of January..
QA02 server - Longsight QA server and Indiana QA server
- Test Fest Google doc - Add your name and view test plans for each tool
- Add new bugs to JIRA and then link from SAK-25571
Before you start!
Create a Jira account: https://jira.sakaiproject.org
Subscribe to the QA email group: http://collab.sakaiproject.org/mailman/listinfo/sakai-qa
- Sakai Jira Guidelines
- Everyone with a Jira account can create tickets, sub-tickets, search the system and add comments. Anybody can make a Jira account for him/herself. Others have additional permissions to update the fields on the ticket to reflect current status. If you think you need this level of access contact email@example.com
- Updating a ticket with the "Tested" button - to verify a ticket requires clicking on the "Tested" button. You must be logged in to Jira and part of the Jira QA group. If you wish to be added to this group contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
- QA Servers - Sakai 10 - Servers available for testing can be found here.
- Test Fest JIRA Issue Creation Process - This doc outlines a beginners guide to entering a JIRA ticket.
Test Plan Overview
Sakai 10-qa02 Test Plan
This is essentially a continuation of QA01, which is why we are using the same Google doc, but a different JIRA for reporting. We still have more tools to "touch" (i.e. do at least some rudimentary testing), so that every tool gets at least a basic workout, and we want to verify as many JIRA issues which have been merged into Sakai 10 already. The spreadsheet is organized by Tool with an area for Regression testing and an area for JIRA testing on the same sheet. There is a also a sheet showing bugs fixed in QA01, which are ready to be tested.
In many cases, you will see "DIY" testing in the Regression area. DIY means do-it-yourself. Test a tool with which you are familiar. Try to break it! Open a JIRA for each issue you find. Add the issue as a link to - SAK-25571Getting issue details... STATUS , which we will use to track the issues from this round of QA testing and triage them. If you can create a list of features you have tested within a tool, please consider sharing with the Sakai Community Coordinator, who can clean up your list, if necessary, and make available to the community for future rounds of testing.
If you find a bug
If you find a bug in Sakai 10, please test to see if the issue exists on 2.9.x on server - Sakai nightly 2.9.x . This will help determine if it is a regression.