Child pages
  • 2012-05-21 Conference Call
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 3 Current »

Notes for Weekly OSP Conference Call on 5-21-2012

In Attendance
Chris Maurer, Indiana University
Nancy O'Laughlin, University of Delaware
Debbie Runshe, Indiana University
Janice Smith, Three Canoes
Lynn Ward, Indiana University

Agenda for Weekly OSP Conference Call

  1. Technical Updates: See items 3-11 below.
  2. Functional Updates.
  • Teaching & Learning with Sakai OAE.
    • Friday 11 AM EDT Phone Bridge.
      • Last Friday decided to hold off meeting until after conference when we get feedback from design team and/or URG. This will be topic of discussion on Thursday afternoon of conference.
      • Discussion has begun re: descriptions/user scenarios for course types, e.g., large introductory science course or an upper level humanities course, based on answers to 6 questions Sam has provided. Lynn will be sending these questions to the larger T&L group. There may need to be clarification re: these questions. Need sample content from courses that use best practices.
    • Portfolio Activities in OAE.
    • For previous visioning activities, see Portfolio Visioning for Sakai OAE.
    • Ongoing OSP Community Projects:
      • 2012 TWSIA Portfolio Award.
        • Teggin Summers’ entry was the winner, the First Year Experience project and beyond. John Gosney’s entry, a unique/atypical use of the portfolio tool, received an honorable mention.
    • OSP Help.
      • Sam Ottendorf was waiting for Janice to review/verify the updates. Janice hopes to have this done by the conference.
    • Upgrading portfolio pages on the Sakai Project website.
      • To be addressed after the conference.
      • OSP events at the Jasig-Sakai 2012 Conference. - Janice and Lynn will continue to plan details.
        • Waiting on proposals for - a note to the list and personal invitations to present will be sent out
          • half-day functional workshop - Janice to do functional overview; Lynn to share ePDP website and SIS integration; may see if others may be able to present: Virginia Tech’, Roger Williams, Marist, will send invitations to attend to: Capetown, Netherlands, Miami U of Ohio, and other new users
          • half-day technical workshop - Chris, et.al. will discuss form creation/form renders
          • Tech Fest table - will look for representatives
          • OSP Innovations Panel - Chris will share the Reports tool; Lynn will share upcoming changes to the ePDP project, e.g., ability to search and request access to portfolios/presentations, and ability for students to hide portfolios/presentations from a global search; Janice will share updates on Help documents; Bob and Lucy are not available
    • Find or make OSP Community banner for Tech Fest table.
      1. Janice is going to sew a banner. Lynn will try to bring a projector to project on wall behind the Tech Fest table.
  1. 2.9 QA Status Test ScriptsOSP QA 2.9 Signups with links to test scripts. - No updates at this time
  1. QA Testing Information for OSP. - No updates at this time
  2. Jira Filters
  3. Sakai/OSP Maintenance Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle)). - No updates at this time
  4. Sakai Development Status (next major release cycle). -No updates at this time
  5. OSP Community Prioritization of Open Issues. - No updates at this time
  6. OSP Reports Update and Continuing Issues. - Code has been made available on the experimental version of Sakai that has some other contrib tools; VT may be using the Reports tool soon
  7. OSP Performance Issues. -No updates at this time
  8. On the back burner. -No updates at this time
  • SAK-18766 Erratic Stickiness of Group and User, No page update after Manage Status in Matrices tool (UMICH).
  • SAK-19184 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when English is not the default locale) - Part 2.
  • SAK-16693Roster Synchronization (pending adding optional flag, branch, test server review and trunk merge).
  • SAK-19469 Allow coordinators to view unpublished forms added/owned by another coordinator.
  • SAK-19466 Unpublished forms not available to other coordinators in Portfolio Templates tool.
  • Independent OSP release cycle: action items moving forward.
  • No labels