Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
- Donna Goodin
- Joe Humbert
- Mary Stores
OAE Accessibility Review
- The OAE review was supposed to take off a few weeks ago, but no one could make it to the meeting.
- The official kickoff was last week to start testing.
- The goal is to review the high priority functional areas. The functions may be evolving over time.
- In OAE, there are no specific tools. Instead, the accessibility review will be done according to functional areas.
- There is a little over a month to get the review done.
- Version 1.2 is about to be released.
- A couple new features were added, and some changes have been made from 1.1.
Reasons For Not Yet Testing Version 1.2
- Version 1.2 is still in flux. Until they have set down a release, testing won't be possible.
- Tool testing results would vary from day to day.
- The Server would have to be refreshed with each new update, and data would then need to be renewed.
- Work done the previous day might get lost as a result.
Reasons for Conducting An Accessibility OAE Review
- A review is important because there is no information available about the accessibility OAE.
- Apparently one university got a report from an outside organization on whether or not OAE was accessible, but that is all the information Joe has at the moment.
- A request was submitted at the end of January for an accessibility review of OAE. Brian Richwine received this request.
OAE Accessibility Review News
- there are 120 functional areas, but they can't all be covered due to lack of resources.
- Joe is about two walkthrough scripts away from finalizing the ones he already created.
- There are 15 high functioning areas where walkthrough scripts aren't created.
- There are about 30 high functioning walkthrough scripts.
- Pleas sign up for tool tests on the Sakai OAE Accessibility Review page
- Donna would be willing to test with the Mac using Voiceover.
- She will start with JAWS first in order to get a baseline, and then use Voiceover.
- 8 walkthroughs are done. Joe hopes to have 10-15 done next week at least in draft form.
- April 14 is the deadline for testing, since Joe will be out of town starting April 20, and the results need to be finalized by that time.