Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
- Scott Williams - University of Michigan
- Joe Humbert - Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis
- Brian Richwine - Indiana University Bloomington
- Mary Stores - Indiana University Bloomington
- Donna Goodin - University of Michigan
- Gonzalo Silverio - University of Michigan
Future Teleconference Plans
- There are other sakai groups that are switching to Cauliflower for their conference calls.
- One of the reasons for this is because it has local access numbers and you can access it through Skype.
- A vote was taken on whether or not the Accessibility WG should switch, and the consensus was that there will be no changes.
- Accessibility WG teleconferences will occur every other week until the end of the semester.
- Mary will make changes to the wiki.
- Yesterday the firss tbeta tag for 2.9 was released.
- Brian says the new version will probably be ported over on Saturday.
- An e-mail will be sent out over the weekend when it is done.
- Joe recently did Firefox protocols. Links are on results page. one of them is Gradebook.
- Scott has expressed availability next week to do testing.
- Testing for the 2.9 accessibility review needs to be done.
- They will keep putting out betas until they have a stable product, so testing will be ongoing.
- Brian and joe are still imputting Jiras from issues already found.
- Brian put some in before the holidays.
- A lot of them that could be put in would be in neoportal, so he would rather just work with Gonzalo directly sometime next week.
- Jiras for both Gradebook and Assignment still need attention.
- Donna is going to work with Scott next week to familiarize herself on the testing process. She is not teaching this semester. she is primarily a Mac user.
- Brian will send an e-mail to scott, who wil forward it to Donna so she can join the e-mail list.
- One thing to retest is forums because they are rendered differently than in 2.8.
- Forums is used by a lot of people who use Sakai.
- This tool has traditionally caused a lot of accessibility issues, for people who use screen readers.
- For example, they need to be able to differentiate between a reply to previous reply, topic, or thread.
- One task for the Accessibility WG is to figure out if there are quick fixes, maybe pieces of text to indicate parts of a thread or a new thread.
- Mary sent out an e-mail that contained what she believed to be more accessible forums.
- These forums would not work for Sakai, because they were simpler forums. once a message is started, they go into a thread. There is no ability to reply to a specific person.
- As a result, the Accessibility WG is still looking for examples of more accessible forums.
- Joe suggested that there might be more accessible forums on Moodle. Brian doesn't know how hard it is to set up and run, but Moodle demos do exist.
- Brian will look for a Moodle demo we can try.
- Mary will ask Ball State and Purdue about Blackboard and write to ATHEN about Moodle to ask about the accessibility of forums.
- Donna Goodin says that blind users at the University of Michigan have complained about inaccessibility of forums on blackboard.
- Scott wrote a walkthrough script for the Chat tool, which is built into Neoportal.
- Mary and Brian went through the chat feature once.
- Once the beta is up and the fix is in to prevent crashing, Mary and Brian will go through it again.
- The chat will be incorporated in the 3.0 release, which is scheduled for 2012.
- There are similarities in top navigation; the neoportal mimmics 3.0.
- Joe is working with developers from Sakai OAE on a formal review process for Sakai OAE.
- joe is in the midst of talks with people who have links to the design group and developers. They seem to have questions about a full accessibility review .