Outstanding Issues or Requests for CKEditor Integration
This page is a catchall reference for the current status of the CKEditor integration. It should capture work completed as well as concerns or work outstanding and be the preferred point of contact during the 2.8 QA phase.
- Dimensions are goofy - sizing isn't quite as requested and setMainFrameHeight ends up with scrollbars sometimes
- SAK-17886 - Resource Search plugin needs porting
- RSF, Wicket, Ambrosia, other UI toolkits do not use the new binding yet
Things to Consider
- Toolbar buttons
- Other configuration
- No integrated file uploader (FCKEditor feature gap)
- SAK-17880 – Initial CKEditor integration and generic editor binding
Tools using Sakai JSF, Velocity, or other support need to be repackaged to pick up the new binding mechanisms. These tools do not need other changes. For example, the Velocity macro
chef_setupformattedtextarea and JSF tag
sakai:inputRichText are still available and provide the new functionality.