- Welcome and Introductions
- Notetaker volunteers? August 30 Etherpad: http://titanpad.com/HA0EppDZ5Mhttp://titanpad.com/S6VfYAHpVN
- Agenda for August 30 Meeting
Welcome and Introductions
Notetaker volunteers? August 30 Etherpad: http://titanpad.com/HA0EppDZ5Mhttp://titanpad.com/S6VfYAHpVN
Agenda for August 30 Meeting
- Jacques Raynauld, HEC Montréal
- Lynn Ward, Indiana University
- Robin Hill, Wyoming
- Josh Baron, Marist
- Debbie Runshe, IUPUI
- Ken Romeo, Stanford
- Greg Hardham, CSU
Let's review the Functional Minispec Guidelines, expanded by Clay today.
Content and Resources Greenpaper by John Norman
- Very focused on organizing, as opposed to the full gamut of content
- Ken: didn't capture the need for control; abiloty to change things al the way down the hierarchy (one way control); need for changes to propogate all copies.
- Instructor gives up control and wants to take it back. Changes in master copy propogates out to copies used by others. Course coordinator creates and assignment, which is copies by other instructors; course coordinator needs to make a change and wants it to propogate to all instances of assignment.
- Instructor wants students to fill out table with correct entries, but wants to cut off student authoring at the end and make sure the correct entries are there and stay there.
- Ability to be notified when someone has modified or changed my materials.
- Content moved from one semester to the next. If you touch the original, it impacts the current students. Tricky if you only have one copy.
- Josh: Important to flesh out the long term version in its entirety.
- Robin: additional manifestos related to content needed, or the current manifest to could be expanded. Diversity and collaboration in this visioning work is important.
- Josh: Maybe put a manifesto into a Google doc and work on it collaboratively.
- Ken: how can we leverage the lenses. Hard to see how some of the Q1 functionality will take us where we need to be.
- Josh: use the lenses to think about the manifestos that need to be written. Also, apply them to the minispecs.
- David: Management list talking about the learning activities tool; three of five learning activities facets applied.
- Lynn: Group minispec contains scenarios that could be documented in Jira. Very helpful for designers.
- Pls look over the "Instructional Visioning Efforts" page, where Robin is attempting to wrangle the various requirements efforts.
- Prep for next meeting; pick a manifesto and a related minispec and begin to work on it;
- Perhaps have Clay and Alan attend the next meeting and get specifics on how the T&L group might contribute.