Child pages
  • Agenda, T&L Design Lenses, 2 August 2010
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

AGENDA

  1. Welcome and Introductions
     
  2. Notetaker volunteers? August Etherpad: http://titanpad.com/DOnXrIzSxB
     
  3. Agenda for August Meeting (minutes below):
     
    •  Questions for Alan Marks, Sakai 3 Project Director, regarding role T&L group can play in Sakai 3 development process.
    • Update from Sakai 3 Functional Analysts on Sakai 3 Design/Development Process

Meeting Notes:


T&L Design Lenses Meeting, August 2,  2010

Welcome and Introductions

  • Josh Baron, Marist
  • Lynn Ward, Indiana
  • Jacques Raynauld, HEC Montréal
  • Debbie Runshe, IUPUI
  • Ken Romeo, Stanford
  • David Goodrum, Indiana
  • Daphne Ogle, Berkeley
  • Rita Pavolka, Indiana
  • Ann Jensen, TX State
  • Greg Hardham (CSU)
  • Jon Hays, UCB
     
    Notetaker volunteers? August Etherpad: http://titanpad.com/DOnXrIzSxB
     
    Agenda for August Meeting  (minutes below):
              
  • Questions for Alan Marks, Sakai 3 Project Director, regarding role T&L group can play in Sakai 3 development process.
  • Update from Sakai 3 Functional Analysts on Sakai 3 Design/Development Process
  • David: Sakai 3 team might be producing some short documents and we may have something to share for review and comment.
  • Josh: Tryng to understand the role the T&L group and lenses might play in the current work versus using the lenses to create vision for an area taht will be worked on in the future.  Should we try to focus our efforts on future development versus what's happening now.
  • Would be helpful to arrange a walk through the current wireframes and the core concepts around Sakai 3.
  • David:  People working on the project everyday.  Dynamic is exhilirating.  Anything can change but there's always a cost of changing something.  Need to take a risk and jump in, recognizing that it will take a fair amount of time to wade through all the noise.
  • John Norman put out a green paper about content management; and a few organizational principles.  Worth thinking about the implications for teaching and learning.
  • Clay volunteered to help walk the T&L community through the current thinking about short and longer term directions.
  • Early requirements work (minispecs) is text-only but lay out the ground work and could benefit from T&L feedback.
  • Josh:  Might be hard to get through a Sakai 3 presentation in an hour.
  • Dedicate most or all of next week's call to a briefing on the Sakai 3 work.  Perhaps keep the presentation to a half hour and then invite Alan Marks talk to the group about the role the T&L group can play in the Sakai 3 effort.  
  • David:  Should probably try to timebox the walkthru, because otherwise it could take 90 mins.  Think about it as an orientation.
  • Clay:  Instead of two halves, Clay and Alan will work our a joint agenda.
  • Josh: Should we discuss next steps internally before we discuss with Alan, or include Alan in the meeting.
  • David:  Focus next week to get up to speed and then invite Alan to next meeting as a follow-up.  This will give us time to digest and do some homework before discussing with Alan.
  • Rita:  Can we extend the briefing meeting 15-30 mins?
  • How do we get further out in front of the development so that we can create a vision that others can work towards.

Next Call, August 9, 5-6PM EDT

  • Next call: overview of core concepts and wireframes (Clay, Daphne, Lynn)
  • Following Call:  Alan joins us.
  • Logistics
  • We'll have a call next Monday, August 9, to have the overview.
  • We'll try to get materials out for review by Thursday or Friday
  • Try to leave at least 20 mins for group discussion about how to contribute to the efforts underway right now.

Action Items:


  • No labels