24 June 2010, 11:30am - 1pm Eastern, Sakai001 Conference Bridge (+1-812-856-7060/18.104.22.168##22X, Code: 22348#, PIN: 72524#)
Where We Are
- We have completed the Library & Sakai 3 Integration Project Update session at the 2010 Sakai Conference in Denver
- We have had a number of early discussions with potential collaborators from the Sakai community doing similar content management-related work
- Thanks to all our collaborators!
- Feedback from the conference presentation
- Copyright: how can the system keep track of this? What might it look like to the end user or a copyright admin (i.e. a librarian)? Does Zotero do any copyright work?
- Metadata: collecting content from out on the web means lots of different content, lots of different metadata. How to standardize and manage?
- Citations: how do citations appear for various users? What are all the different ways in which users can interact with citations?
- Openness: how might the system surface open educational resources or tap into publicly accessible content from other Sakai systems around the world?
- Feedback from others in the community
- Cambridge, UK: very similar content management concepts; excited about the Bookmarklet concept as the missing piece; interested in collaboration
- NYU: collaborating with Cambridge for content management work in Sakai 3; piloting Sakai 3 soon; NYU's Sociable is related to the Bookmarklet
- HEC Montreal: have developed OpenSyllabus - a tool that allows instructors to create structured syllabi while including library resources (using the existing Citations Helper); looking to collaborate to take their work into Sakai 3
- Berkeley/Stanford: related concepts around content authoring; proponents of goal-directed design; continued collaboration
- Sakai 3 Updates
- Sakai 3 Managed Project announced: Sakai 3 to be released July 2011
- Sakai 3 Organization (Steering Committee, Roadmap, Team)
- Teaching & Learning Design Lenses
- What does this all mean for our project?
- Get involved with the Sakai 3 Managed Project - not entirely clear how other than formally contributing resources to the project...
- Next steps
- Continue discussions with collaborators in Sakai 3 community
- Start discussions about formally committing resources to Library & Sakai 3 Integration work for Sakai 3 at our own institutions, or, in partnership with other institutions
- Project Feedback Form
- Wiki gardening