Links to documentation describing important aspects of Sakai's Release Management Processes:
- Release Practice Guidelines - Community expectations and practices surrounding the management of the various Sakai release and branch types (i.e., Major Release, Maintenance Branches, Maintenance Releases, Jira Branches, Feature Branches, and Trunk). (See also Jira Guidelines.)
- Security Guidelines - Our policy for reporting, handling, and resolving security related issues in Sakai.
- Release Meetings - Generally weekly discussions of how work on releases and maintenance branches is proceeding.
- Tool and Service Scorecards - A "Scorecard Working Group" formed to tackle the issue of how to improve upon the current Core/Provisional/Contrib Tool Status system and its criteria. The goal being a scorecard-like system to provide the release team with guidance on what to include in a release, and organizations deploying Sakai a comparative evaluation of tools' and services' capabilities.
- Sakai Roadmap - general timeline of ongoing or planned functionality enhancements and additions.
- Past Releases (no longer recommended or supported; available for historical purposes only.)
(For past releases we welcome volunteers from the community who are still using those releases to participate in a branch management team that will carry-on active management for that version, applying bug fixes, etc. If you're interested, please contact Anthony Whyte.)