Child pages
  • 2009-07-27 Conference Call
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

Version 1 Next »

Meeting minutes for July 27, 2009

  1. Sakai/OSP 2.6 Issues and Status
    • How we gather requirements for new features: Josh Baron was on the call to discuss requirements process. There are several new initiatives, Product Council and Sakai 3. Have been focused on nitty-gritty, but we need higher level visioning process. Esp. for Sakai 3. As he talked to people, heard about OSP vignettes page. One word. Wanted to understand process better and see if anyone in OSP interested in helping Sakai as a whole do something similar. Jan: wouldn't it be great if pf could do the following things and do them well. Primary goal: what could be functions that larger Sakai community is behind so that OSP doesn't have to do it, and then what do we want to do for us and the community. Our long term goal is to work collaboratively but not get lost. Josh had tried creating his own list, but then found almost all of them in the existing list. Would like to see more portfolio like things throughout Sakai tools, such as assessment. T&L needs to reschedule their calls, and they were thinking of having some calls with us. Our calls are different from T&L in that a fair amount of time is spent on development activities. Have representation rather than everyone blend? We should try to get the message out that we are trying to do something new in September or October. International? Adding minutes in a public place and announcing their availability. Clay will have increasing role in this as well. As product manager, he will be trying to move this kind of collaboration forward.
    • 2.6 QA Testing Status. Nothing new.
    • SAK-16536 Free-form Portfolio Tool Stack Trace on Add Page Needs to be verified. Erica will do it.
    • SAK-15909 Creating Portfolio Template throws stack trace (with invalid schema). No progress.
    • SAK-16557 Indexes are missing on OSP tables with Oracle. No progress.
    • SAK-16591 Inconsistent evaluator selection options between Wizard main page and subpages. No progress.

  2. Proposed for Sakai 2.6 inclusion. Can we get them into maintenance releases, even though they are enhancements?
    • SAK-13810 Add description to XML provided for form rendering - John & Stephen did a bunch of work, incorporate?
    • SAK-14867 Matrix Owner name confuses students
    • SAK-15748 Add owner name information to form metadata for view renderer use
    • SAK-15862 Portfolio Share notification should set reply-to in email
    • SAK-15911 Cannot tell result of Form save attempt - disallows autosave

  3. Sakai/OSP 2.7 and beyond Development Status
    • SAK-16691 OSP Permissions crash. Permissions helper completely crashes and doesn't work any more. Beth will take it.
    • SAK-1465 Portfolio assembly is slow with many completed Forms Once it is verified in production in Michigan it can be merged and closed.
    • SAK-16608 List of presentations needs to differentiate between 'shared' and 'public' portfolios Will go into 2.7.
    • SAK-16610 Create "Review" option allowing authorized users to review all portfolios Will go into 2.7.
    • SAK-12922 Configuring OSP to run successfully without autoddl enabled. Global Sakai issue.
    • SAK-13838 Add Forms and Attachments User Interface Rework, Version 2 Work is mostly done. There is a completed enhancement template for it. This is work we looked at a while ago. Important because of changes they have made where there are a lot of links from other tools that need to be displayed nicely with info about where they come from. People should look at this. Lynn will demo 8/10.
    • SAK-16693 Synchronize Portfolio Site Rosters with Associated Course Sites Mostly done. There is a completed enhancement template for it. Noah looked at it and it looked promising, but he needs to look at it more carefully. People should look at it for next week. Lynn will demo on 8/10.
    • Merge to Trunk Status: Indiana University Matrices Enhancements Still in progress. They have a release in mid-August. It is holding up some other changes, like the Montreal work. They need to be working off the IU changes.
      • SAK-15822 In Matrices, "manage status for all users" only changes current user
      • SAK-16261 Make the Manage Status function in Matrices and Wizards Group Aware

  4. General Issues & Status Updates
    • Reporting Strategies. There is a link on the Reporting Strategies page to a feature template for UM stuff. Serensoft, using the data warehouse functionality, put in data in a way that can be accessed easily. IU tools run against the live database rather than the data warehouse. Part of the nudge for this page came from Teggin – are all these approaches really different? Lynn will add power point from her session at the conference.
    • Status Update: Finer Grained Document-Level Matrix Permissions CRIM has developed them and wants to merge them to trunk. They have completed a functional spec. People should look at it so we can discuss it next week. Is it acceptable to IU? 2.7 release?
    • Page Composer delayed by UM mission critical work. What's new: Autosaving has been improved. Helped by a fix that is not yet in 2.6.x. Will try to get it in 2.6.1. Or you can use a patch. Theme picker that shows a preview. Can have multiple pages with multiple subpages.
  • No labels