Online Course and Instructor Ratings
The Evaluation System will allow an instructor to give formative evaluations to students in their courses and review the results. The system will contact students to notify them of upcoming evaluations automatically. End of term (summative) evaluations will also be managed through the evaluation system. Colleges, departments, and instructors will add their own items (questions) to the end of term evaluation and will choose whether they want to use it or some alternative campus system. Colleges and departments will be able to use the system to give formative evaluations to their students only.
More information about the work being done is available at Evaluation Status. Check out the System Development Info and Links below for more information.
Aaron Zeckoski - CARET, Cambridge, UK - Project Lead
Will Humphries - Edtech, Virginia Tech
Kapil Ahuja - Edtech, Virginia Tech
Rui Feng - Edtech, Virginia Tech
Rick Moyer - University of Maryland, College Park
Shaun Fleming - University of Maryland, College Park
Richard Ellis - University of Michigan
Information or Help files
System Development Info and Links
- Sakai collab site (Contrib: Evaluation System)
- Collab mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subversion repository: https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/evaluation/
- JIRA: http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/EVALSYS
- Technologies used:
- Presentation: HTTP, CSS, RSF
- Business Logic: Java, Sakai Framework
- Data Access: Hibernate
- Development Practices
- University of Michigan System Requirements
- Universty of Maryland System Requirements
The VT Online Rating System (VTORS) was developed from code received from Columbia University in mid 2004. The system was previewed in early 2005. The system was piloted in Fall 2005. The system is currently being redesigned and rebuilt as a Sakai tool. This work was started at Virginia Tech.