Child pages
  • 2009-03-16 Conference Call
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 2 Next »

Meeting minutes for March 16, 2009

  1. Sakai/OSP 2.6 Issues and Status
    • Erica has been testing and finding new issues
    • Marist requested help on identifying the QA servers to use for testing
    • SAK-15813 Sean FCKeditor free form portfolio item plugin does not work. Currently marked up as critical. Sean will send message to list to see who is using this in production and would care. Noah mentions that he will be looking at FCKeditor 2.6 this week and may come across something relevant.
    • SAK-15348 Imported Matrices do not retain links to global forms. No Progress
    • SAK-15276 Edit links appears for all reviewers/evaluators on feedback/evaluation, though they cannot edit. Noah will check in a fix today.
    • SAK-15540 Matrix in "Preview" status is unavailable to users. Sean will test this today.
    • SAK-15822 - Manage status for all users. There was a discussion of when to instantiate a matrix for a user (when the matrix is published, when a user is added, a roster attached, etc.). Noah felt it should was a workaround to create a matrix when you attempt to manage a cell.
      There was concern that applying a band-aid would likely change the behavior for existing users and that a better implementation should be investigated.
    • Lynn will present on IUs changes next week.
  2. Sakai/OSP 2.7 and beyond Development Status
    Sean reviewed the changed to the vignettes page with the group and suggested that a next step would be to come up with a strategy for introducing this to the Sakai3 working group. Noah has been keeping his finger on the pulse of Sakai 3, but others probably could also participate. Sean asked if others would be willing and able to participate in conversations with the UX and T&L group, and if so, how do we best do that? Noah mentioned that there is a weekly UX call that could be used, but that the main conversations for Sakai3 are small conversations over Skype and the Sakai 001 bridge with Nathan and a small group of developers. This group is under a lot of pressure to release a version of Sakai 3 for Cambridge/GeorgiaTech and we are unlikely to have an impact on its direction.

Perhaps a good strategy for interacting with the Sakai 3 WG would be to do so in concert with the T&L group. We recognize that there is a barrier between how we think. Lynn had mentioned last week that they are primarily focused on course/project sites. It may be that the readiness of the OSP are a barrier (in which case, we should talk with them soon to ensure that this is not the case in the future). Nancy mentioned that Matthiew Plourde attends the T&L calls and she would ask him for a recommendation on how the T&L group is interacting with the Sakai 3/UX group and report back next week.

  • No labels