Child pages
  • 3-11-2009 Conference Call
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 21 Next »

< Previous Meeting

Next Meeting >

Call-In Information

Calls are currently taking place on Wednesdays at 11:30 AM EDT (New York, USA) each week.

IMPORTANT: Please remember that the US is now on Daylight Savings Time.

  1. Call 1-888-447-7153 (International Dial in number is 847-619-4470)
  2. Enter in the Passcode: 5057885 (then hit the "#" key)
  3. Listen to the nice music until the Leader joins.

Participants: Christian (Rutgers), Brian (Marist), Mathieu (Delaware), Josh (Marist), Robin (Wyoming), Emily (JHU), John Hayes (Berkeley), Kate (Indiana), Janet (Delaware)

0. Welcome to new members!

  • Christian (Rutgers)
  • Brian (Marist)

1. TWSIA Judging

  • Kate ran a training session for judges last week.
  • Used Elluminate, worked ok, needs a bit of training.
  • 2:00 p.m. EDT would be better for Salim.
  • Kate will update by email.
  • Use Doodle or Timebridge to set a good time.
  • Have a conference call available as a backup.
  • Skype conference calls seems to work fine with Connect.
    • Skype recorder available.
  • Josh needs frequent reminders.

2. Sakai Boston Conference

  • Need to make a realistic budget as the conference gets closer.

2.1 Pre-Conference Workshop

  • OSP will run a full day workshop.
    • A.M.: Intro.
    • P.M.: Technical stuff. Will let attendees come to our presentation.
  • Send announcements again to get more people involved.
  • Avoid duplicates.
  • Have people post material online before the conference.

2.2 Sessions

  • Discussion of T&L conference proposal ideas and recruiting of faculty/students to present.

2.3 Feature Presentation of the Winners

  • Paris: Had a 75, 90 minute slot. Worked fine.
  • Ask speakers to limit their presentation to 30 minutes, leave time for Q&A.
  • Need to be recorded.
  • Ustream.tv or home-made:
    • We need to bring in some equipment in that case.
  • Ask our sponsors to help us with this. Has value for them.
  • Keynote and featured speakers should also be recorded.

3. New Requirements Process

  • Michael will release a concept document in the next weeks (after the board retreat).
  • We need a new process to share our requirements with developers.
  • Kate: IU has a process.
    • Attachment to this page.
    • FRC: Staff from teaching centers, IT, make a list of top priorities, forward to OPC
    • OPC: Faculty, Students
    • Getting the new LMS at par with the old one was the first big task.
    • List of known issues, post workarounds.
    • Surveys
    • IU is looking at Mneme, Samigo, BlogWow!, SCORM compliance, copy and paste from Word.
    • Back and forth with developers.
    • Decide which tools need more design work.
    • Dev team make estimate, send it to OPC.
    • Leadership is key. Buy-in from higher management.
    • User-driven, not dev-driven.
  • Josh: How should we address long-term, strategic vs. short-term fixes?
  • Kate: David Goodrum could join us to discuss this.
  • Josh: Problem with smaller institutions pushing their requirements to institutions with developers (IU, Michigan, Cambridge, etc.).
  • Robin: How would this new process fit with what's happening right now (Jira)?
  • Josh: Last effort has had limited results.
  • We have to start from what has been done last time. Refresh the list.
  • No labels