- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Open. Learning Analytics. Community.
The aims of the Apereo Learning Analytics Initiative (Apereo LAI) are to accelerate the operationalization of Learning Analytics software and frameworks, support the validation of analytics pilots across institutions, and working together so as to avoid duplication.
If you are interested in working towards a community sourced learning analytics infrastructure, incubating software, sharing requirements, cross validating analytics pilots, while working in a wider community of interest then please join the email@example.com mailing list or contact the LAI coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
New a LAI Hackathons home page
Apereo Analytics google group - http://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/group/analytics/
Apereo LAI github: https://github.com/Apereo-Learning-Analytics-Initiative
- LRS load test (Unicon): https://github.com/Apereo-Learning-Analytics-Initiative/LRSLoadTest
- The University of Amsterdam has sponsored a protocol update for Sakai, uPortal, and OAE which enables the applications to store student activity in a secure repository called a Learning Record Store - https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/TINCAN/Home . This feature simplifies cross validation of Learning Analytics projects.
- Sakai xAPI integration (Unicon):
JIRA server Sakai serverId 66e9c5b5-d22c-30a2-a9d4-703f4354570c key KNL-1042
- OAE xAPI integration (OAE): https://github.com/oaeproject/Hilary/tree/master/node_modules/oae-tincanapi
- Sakai xAPI integration (Unicon):
- Within the Apereo community Marist College has released the Open Academic Analytics initiative (OAAI), a proven open-source academic early alert system - https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/x/8aWCB
- Marist and Unicon built a framework for automation of learning analytics processing (starting with automation of the OAAI early alert system)
Work In Progress
- The University of Amsterdam sponsored uPortal xAPI integration (Eric D, Unicon): https://issues.jasig.org/browse/UP-3718
- The University of Amsterdam is developing an open source Learning Record Store (expected public release in 2014).
- The University of Oxford is enhancing the Entity Broker interface to the Site Stats tool to allow reports to be downloaded as JSON (which can then be post-processed and converted into a series of visual summaries).
- Uniformed Services University has sponsored accelerated development for OpenLRS and OpenDashboard.
How to get involved
- Join the mailing list: email@example.com
(subscribe by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Join the calls (every other Wednesday)
- Contribute on github: https://github.com/Apereo-Learning-Analytics-Initiative
February 6 2015
Also in Paris at L’Université Paris Descartes Jisc took the opportunity to engage experts in consideration of privacy and ethical issues.
February 5 2015
Refining a systems architecture for learning analytics. European experts came together in Paris to review Jisc’s evolving architecture for learning analytics. The event at L’Université Paris Descartes was jointly hosted by Apereo and Jisc. Delegates included representatives from the Universiteit van Amsterdam, the Pädagogische Hochschule Weingarten in Germany, Surfnet in the Netherlands, CETIS and the Lace Project, as well as Jisc and Apereo.
Niall Sclater (Jisc consultant) blogs here http://analytics.jiscinvolve.org/wp/2015/02/13/refining-a-systems-architecture-for-learning-analytics/
December 1 2014
Alan Berg on behalf of the Apereo LAI and Adam Cooper on behalf of the Learning Analytics Community Exchange (LACE) project organised a one day European Summit to broker collaboration around the idea of an Open Learning Analytics platform – based on principles of modularity, open architectures, and open standards – in Amsterdam.
Niall Sclater (consulting for Jisc) sums up the event here http://www.laceproject.eu/blog/examining-open-learning-analytics-report-lace-project-meeting-amsterdam/
Alan attended the Utrecht Workshop on Ethics and Privacy Issues in the Application of Learning Analytics.
Blog from Niall Sclater (Jisc consultant) here: http://www.laceproject.eu/blog/notes-utrecht-workshop-ethics-privacy-issues-application-learning-analytics/
October 24 2014
Alan Berg and Patrick Lynch presented a keynote at the Learning Analytics SoLAR Flare at Milton Keynes in the UK. The event was hosted by the LACE Project and the Open University. A programme and a recording of the presentations are available at the link below.
Alan blogged also about the event here https://www.surfspace.nl/artikel/1669-solar-flare-event--the-open-university-uk/
July 29 2014
Oxford is now involved in the Apereo LAI by virtue of the work on the Site Stats Entity Broker interface.
July 8 2014
Check out our new video about LAI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOQ4DS3A9j4
July 1 2014
Apereo LAI at the local Learning Analytics Summer Institute Holland (LASI14) (Alan Berg, special thanks to material from Anthony Whyte and Aaron Zeckoski )
June 1 2014
Come see the Learning Analytics sessions at the Open Apereo 2014 conference!
April 10 2014
Leaders in Learning Analytics and Open Source Software Hold Open Learning Analytics Summit; Marist College to Host 2015 Summit
Leaders from academia met recently in Indianapolis at the Learning Analytics and Knowledge conference to explore the intersection of learning analytics and open learning, open technologies, and open research. The Summit will next convene in 2015 at Marist College, in New York's historic Hudson River Valley.
April 3 2014
The Apereo Foundation is pleased to announce the inclusion of the Student Success Plan (SSP) project in the Apereo Learning analytics initiative.
SSP (http://www.studentsuccessplan.org/) is case management software supporting a holistic coaching and counseling model, and expediting proactive interventions for students in need. SSP is designed to improve retention, academic performance, persistence, graduation rates, and time to degree.
Further details of Student Success Plan are available from https://wiki.jasig.org/display/SSP/SSP+Email+Lists or from Russ Little email@example.com
The initiative was initially supported by Marist College, a founding partner of the Society of Learning Analytics Research (SoLAR), University of Amsterdam, Unicon, and University of Hull.