OSP Community Meeting
Notes for February 3, 2014
- Janice Smith, Three Canoes
- Will Fox, Virginia Tech
- Jacques Raynauld, HEC Montreal
- Nancy O’Laughlin, U of Delaware
- Yitna Firdyiwek, U of Virginia
- Matt Jones, Longsight
- Need for QA Resources OSP for Sakai 10
- Four critical or blocker issues to be resolved by the end of April at the latest
- Otherwise the property for displaying the button to create new portfolio sites will be set to false in Sakai 10
- Existing portfolio sites will remain active. The Sakai property will need to be set to true for new portfolio sites to be available.
- Issues include:
- SAK 25500 Critical - Unable to export a matrix - Chuck Hedrick may agree to address this issue. Will Fox will check on his availability to do QA on this issue.
- SAK 25586 Blocker - Draft assignments and unpublished sites cause error in associating assignments with matrix cells. Disables matrix for continuing use. Chuck Hedrick may agree to address this issue. Brian Haliday may have fixed this issue. Need verification from the community that it is working. Three weeks is the best window. Will Fox will check on his availability to do QA on this issue.
- SAK 25537 Blocker - Velocity tool library for OSP must be updated from 131 to 167. Can cause system to crash. Matthew Jones and Janice Smith will address this issue. If pages don’t function, will have to get individual pages fixed. Looking for volunteers.
- Additional JIRA for security issue. Neal Caidin plans to address this issue.
- Proposal to Disable Portfolio Sites in Out of the Box Sakai 10
- If critical and blocker issues for OSP are not resolved, Beth Kirschner will propose to the PMC that the property for displaying the button to create new portfolio sites will be set to false as a default in OTB Sakai 10.
- OSP Community Proposals for Sessions at Open Apereo 2014 in Miami, FL, USA
- Tech demo table to be shared with Karuta
- Birds of Feather discussion about the future of OSP
- Cafe discussion on portfolios to be shared with Karuta
- TWSIA Portfolio Award Process Open Today
- Update on Karuta (new portfolio functionality from HEC Montréal)
- Apereo Incubation Proposal for Karuta to be submitted in February 2014
- Three sessions being planned for Open Apereo 2014 in Miami
- Half-day workshop for hands-on experience with Karuta
- One-hour session on technical aspects of Karuta by HEC Montreal
- One-hour session on functional use of Karuta at Kyoto University
- Tech Demo table for OSP and Karuta
- Cafe discussion on portfolios to be shared with OSP
- Question on when Karuta will be available
- Documentation issues to be resolved soon. Plans to use Kyoto University documentation with permission.
- Additional development in process
- Request to take a look prior to Apereo Conference in May 2014
- Apereo Demo to be given to Apereo ESUP by Jacques Raynauld in February 2014