- Neil Caidin
- Mary Stores
- Joe Humbert
2.9 Accessibility Help Documentation
- Gonzalo looked over the Desire2Learn Accessibility Documentation suggested by Brian as a model
- He liked the structure and tone
- The University of Michigan Sakai accessibility documentation Gonzalo has was created by Mike Elledge several years ago.
- He liked the format of this documentation because it was concise
- The documentation will be designed to maximize the user experience of AT users with Sakai.
- Possible structure
- AT settings for Best Sakai experience (multiple AT types)
- Contact info
- Known issues and work arounds
- possibly by AT type or Sakai tool. This will be determined at a later time
- The documentation will show that the Sakai community cares about accessibility and usability.
- Jane and Scott will primarily be working with Gonzalo to update the documentation.
- Mary and Joe have agreed to help update the JAWS specific portion.
- Accessibility help documentation should be targeted for Feb. 1 so it is ready in time for the 2.9.2 release.
Release Team Meeting
- Jira ticket SAM-1692: default human language not being set up in a frame.
- The primary language is set in source code so non-changeable based on language preferences of user or internationalization.
- In future releases, the default language will be specified but will be chosen by the user.
- A new parent ticket will need to be created in the overarching CLE ticket system because this issue touches many tools and the Samigo ticket should become a subtask.
- Joe will work on creating the new ticket and work with tool managers to create tickets for there tool.
- Neil suggested this issue be brought up at the next release meeting to see if this can be targeted for 2.9.2 or if it will have to wait till 2.10.
- Jira ticket SAM-1296: 5 minute warning modal box in test or quizes may or may not get into 2.9.1. fix did not work as expected.
- 2.9.x maintenance release schedule
- 2.9.1-rc01 December 7
- 2.91-rc02 December 16
- 2.9.1 release December 20 or 21.
- 2.9.2 should come out end of Feb., early March.
There are about 10 Jiras that will marked for inclusion into 2.9.1
Jira server Sakai jqlQuery reporter = viatorvoice AND labels = 291triage ORDER BY updated DESC, key ASC serverId 66e9c5b5-d22c-30a2-a9d4-703f4354570c Jira server Sakai jqlQuery reporter = brichwin AND labels = 291triage ORDER BY updated DESC, key ASC serverId 66e9c5b5-d22c-30a2-a9d4-703f4354570c
There are other issues that did not get targeted at all, so perhaps they can be resolved in 2.9.2 release.
Sakai 2.9 Accessibility Review
Review in Progress
- Testing should continue as much as possible.
- Joe will work with Brian to make sure the test server gets updated with new test builds.
- Scott Williams and a Michigan student are working on testing as well.
- Because of finals, collaborative testing will be pushed off to after Christmas break
- Before Christmas break, the Accessibility WG will focus on tool review and once the RCs get release, reverify and do regression testing.
Any Other Business
- Collaborative test and quizzes testing is being pushed off until after New Years to focus on maintenance release testing.
- Accessibility Preferences will be pushed off until after New Years.
- Neil brought up the topic of NFB certification for Sakai
- Joe thought it was a good idea because most other major LMS have some form of certification