- Scott Williams
- Joe Humbert
- Mary Stores
- Gonzalo Silverio
Sakai 2.9 Updates
- The current release is still in Beta 2.
- Joe will try to input Jiras from the past accessibility review.
- He will try and update the test server this upcoming weekend. Data may have to be re-entered after the update.
- An e-mail was sent because several people were looking at QA servers and were wondering if the critical issues documented on 41 pages of Confluence were ever addressed.
- The e-mail stated that only one Jira was pushed for 2.9.
- They were wondering what has been addressed on the 2.9 review.
- They asked How have critical accessibility issues been dealt with historically?
- A lot of issues have not been logged yet.
- The version 1.1 accessibility review kickoff meeting was two weeks ago.
Preparing to Test
- Accounts have been created and data is going to be maintained on the test server
- Joe is hoping to have 5 or 6 test accounts set up so collaborative testing can happen.
- The version on the test server has very few 1.2 features.
- Scott has already added his name for testing signups.
- The focus is to get high priority functional areas reviewed.
- The target date is April 12 to have all the testing done.
- Testing officially starts today.
- The majority of walkthrough scripts are drafts, so Joe is modifying those to use language that indicates a universal, user-friendly experience, e.g., Instead of "click here" put other language, and replace visual icons with words.
- He plans to have all of the walkthroughs done by March 14.
OAE Accessibility Road Map
- Joe would like to create an overview of the state of OAE to outline accessibility thus far - where it's lacking, where it needs to be improved, and what improvements have been made since version 0.1.
- Joe hopes to have that document draft to submit to the WG Accessibility list by April 20.
Future Planned Use of OAE by Institutions
- Once version 1.3 is release on April 18 and there are standard features from the LMS, more schools might implement CLE.
- IU maybe possibly considering a pilot deployment in the fall or spring of next year.
- Michigan has a pilot planned for next year.
- There may be issues with a hybrid incorporation of CLE and OAE.
- Joe is hoping that testing can be done this fall or later this spring to determine if there could be accessibility issues from the hybrid.
- Gonzalo predicts that any issues that pop up will be fairly minor. The integration is smooth.
OAE Release Schedule
- 1.2: March 9
- 1.3: April 18
- 1.4 sometime in June
- Version 2 is scheduled to be released in August.
Future Accessibility Reviews for OAE
- Joe is working with particularly Kent Fitzgerald to get accessibility testing done earlier on.
- Some of his plans to do that have fallen through because someone vacated a position.
- Joe is continuing to address jira tickets for Sakai OAE and logging new ones.
OAE 1.1 Review Results
- The 1.1 review will give the OAE developers an idea of the biggest areas that may need to be adjusted from the development level.
- One of the biggest challenges is that the developers feel that some of the changes may change the complexity and design of the functional areas.
- Joe has seen pushback in a lot of those cases.
- Gonzalo was hoping to come up with a user preference way of setting things such as activating accesskeys, show scheduling, or things that involve design changes.
- This will be a topic for the next conference call.