Sakai Documentation Meeting
January 26, 2012
- Lorie Stolarchuk
- Barb Kerns
- Matt Clare
- Patrick Lynch
- Rebecca Darling
- Recap from last meeting:
- Last meeting's notes: http://titanpad.com/bEAeJzfB07
- Sakai Help Master List 2012 https://docs.google.com/a/mattclare.ca/document/d/11cY4gjgTb_xixdYwHpXi36jhWWgw0iwUtB__vmGk8M8/edit
- New style suggestions: https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/ESUP/Help+Files+2.9+Styleguide+Notes -- Matt C. will add our Google Docs editting practices
- There was a question about what the deadline was to be for the review on the documents.
- Next Sakai release April 12, targeting mid-March for completion
- Suggestion to send ideas to the Sakai Dev list for further involvement
- ways to collect end user feedback
All tool groups will Try to have three of the pages for each tool completed by next session 9 February
Notes on documentation completion
- Deleted text marked as strike-through. Comments about certain changes to side. Paste text into document at top.
- Link to 2.9 site on page
- To use tool, create an account on the longsight server to test out.
- Tool name bold/ individual documents with
- New feature highlighted in red
- 2.8 / 2.9
- First Announcements document is the example of what to look for link (takes to document itself)
- Bottom of document is where original content isPractice to track changes – highlight changes in red
- Try not to resolve comments
- Highlights to find changes
- No persecution for forgetting Red Text, etc. try your best
- Rich text editor portion – anywhere in documentation that refers to text documentation (WYSIWYG) investigation on find and replace, those pages don’t need to be reviewed for now
CHAT ROOM NOTES:
January 26, 2012
8:30 Matt Clare: Titan pad now?
8:33 Mathieu Plourde: barb, are you joining us on elluminate
8:34 Barb Kerns: Matt - yes, I thought so, but it doesn't seem to be loading. I used the link in the event - any recommendations?
8:42 Matt Clare: Lorie we can'
8:42 Matt Clare: wait, there you are
8:44 Becca: Hi
8:44 Becca: Sorry I'm late
8:44 Mathieu Plourde: hey there
8:44 Becca: Waiting for Elluminate to launch
8:49 Matt Clare: Can hear you
8:50 Lorie Stolarchuk: I just signed up today, so jack for me too!
8:50 Matt Clare: I've signed-up scouted the 2.9 build
8:51 Matt Clare: Also trying to get others locally to write a bit
8:51 Barb Kerns: I was out - just signed up today.
8:54 Matt Clare: I'll hand around for the re-cap
9:02 Lorie Stolarchuk: just trying to help out on what you were talking about for those who aren't here :)
9:02 Lorie Stolarchuk: :)
9:03 Becca: Bye everyone! Thanks!
9:03 Barb Kerns: Thanks, Becca and Mathieu for facilitating. Bye everyone.