Notes for Weekly OSP Conference Call on 2-6-2012
Chris Mauer, Indiana University
Dave McPherson, Virginia Tech
Nancy O'Laughlin,University of Delaware
Debbie Runshe, Indiana University
Janice Smith, Three Canoes
Lynn Ward, Indiana University
1. Community Updates
* Teaching and Learning (T&L) Group.
o TWSIA Award
+ Draft Rubric
+ 2012 TWSIA Information - Maggie Ricci coordinating judge nominations.
+ Nominations for Final Portfolio Judge(s): Darren Cambridge (willing to be nominated), Marij Veugleurs, U of Amsterdam (yet to be asked); Anyone can volunteer to judge portfolio entries during first round of judging!
* Portfolio Visioning.
o Portfolio Visioning for Sakai OAE.
+ Debbie has put out Doodle to OSP Visioning community for collaborative conversations with the T & L Lenses group
+ Bruce D'arcus is open to joining the OAE Conversations T & L group he created in the OAE community
+ Lynn will follow up with communication to larger pedagogy and portfolio groups regarding the OAE Conversations
+ Lynn attended URG meeting and submitted OSP's user needs info for discussion; she has mapped our "scenarios" to the roadmap planning document
+ Janice described her work with Bowling Green University project in Canvas; she would like to share our work with this group; Nancy shared that Canvas was more showcase presentations but expanding and looking at cloud applications
+ University of Michigan has put out an RFI for portfolio applications; this sparked a conversation re: the challenges OSP has experienced with large applications/group use
o Portfolio Reports.
+ Dave planning to continue working on this project, getting feedback from VT users, have not retrieved data at this point; has been submitted to trunk; Chris is also assisting
o Portfolio Minispecs.
* OSP Help - no additional information at this time.
o Update sakai.properties documentation.
o Accessing 2.6 Help
o Completing 2.8 Help
o Planning for 2.9 Help
* Upgrading OSP pages on the Sakai Project website. - no additional information at this time.
o Enhanced content and links to tool description and resources needed.
o Link to OSP Community Directory.
* Consider deprecating and/or removing from the tool list in the site.template.portfolio realm. - no additional information at this time.
o Wizards tool
o Design Your Own Portfolio function hidden.
o Portfolio Layouts
o Make sure that there is Help available to assist people in turning these features back on.
* Back burner items for future discussion. - no additional information at this time.
o Recruiting OSP resources for QA or other activities.
o Planning for Sakai 2012 Conference. (Find or make OSP Community banner for Tech Demo.)
o Discussion of ways to alert Sakai Foundation leaders of the need to persuade Sakai (portfolio-using) institutions to put more funding into java developers working with OSP. - not much momentum in new OSP community members.
o Response to Ian Dolphin's request for feedback from the OSP Community
o Possible occasional discussion of implementation, performance, and teaching and learning issues at our various institutions
2. 2.9 QA Status Test Scripts, OSP QA 2.9 Signups with links to test scripts. - no additional information at this time.
3. QA Testing Informaton for OSP - no additional information at this time.
4. #*Resolved issues for 2.9. We need to go through this list to determine which issues need further explanation in order to clarify what needs to be tested.
* High Priority Issues
o Chris looking into issues with email, guest reviewer, submitted by Andrea Schmidt.
o Chris also has been working on assignment issues, still blockers.
o QA 3 has been updated, running Beta 2.
5. Sakai/OSP Maintenance Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle)). - no additional information at this time.
* SAK-18766 Stickiness of Group and User, No page update after Manage Status in Matrices tool (UMICH).
6. Sakai Development Status (next major release cycle). - no additional information at this time.
* SAK-19184 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when English is not the default locale) - Part 2.
* SAK-16693 Roster Synchronization (pending adding optional flag, branch, test server review and trunk merge).
* SAK-19469 Allow coordinators to view unpublished forms added/owned by another coordinator.
* SAK-19466 Unpublished forms not available to other coordinators in Portfolio Templates tool.
7. OSP Community Prioritization of Open Issues. - no additional information at this time.
* OSP Jira Filters.
8. OSP Reports Update and Continuing Issues.
* See information above in Community Updates: Portfolio Visioning.
9. OSP Performance Issues. - no additional information at this time.
* SAK-20715 Matrices slow to load.
10. On the back burner. - no additional information at this time.
* Independent OSP release cycle: action items moving forward.