Notes for Weekly OSP Conference Call on 10-24-2011
Chris Mauer, Indiana University
Dave McPherson, Virginia Tech
Nancy O'Laughlin, University of Delaware
Jacques Raynauld, Montreal MATI
Debbie Runshe, Indiana University
Janice Smith, Three Canoes
Lynn Ward, Indiana University
1. Community Updates
* Teaching and Learning (T&L) Group.
o Tomorrow there will be a Teaching with Sakai webinar from 3:00-4:00 PM EST, the title of the webinar is "Blended learning: Best of both worlds"
* Portfolio Visioning.
o Portfolio Visioning for Sakai OAE.
+ Tomorrow's meeting October 25, 2011, 4:00-5:00 PM EST the agenda includes: Montreal Mati, New York University, and Virginia Tech's updates; the Reporting minspec, that we hope to share with the URG and developers of OAE for feedback
+ There is a listserv for URG where they discuss progress on OAE (OAE in Confluence > Table of Contents:, Year 2 Roadmap posted, also 90 day plan)
o Portfolio Reports.
+IU improvements have been contributed to trunk, 2.9; Reports code is to be released as an independent released tool.
o Portfolio Minispecs .
+ Next meeting, November 8, 2011, 4:00-5:00 PM EST
+ It was suggested that the group focus on minispecs that will complement what's already being worked on/planned in OAE, e.g., structured feedback (grading, rating, using a rubric, where there are predictible data structures, not necessarily formative, rather data in relation to an artifact, a set of artifacts)
* OSP Help .
o Help for 2.6 complete, turned over for final review before it is posted.
* Upgrading OSP pages on the Sakai Project website .
o Janice and Lynn will have a mock-up in a couple of weeks, mostly content.
* Back burner items for future discussion -- no additional information at this time.
o Recruiting OSP resources for QA or other activities.
o Planning for Sakai 2012 Conference. (Find or make OSP Community banner for Tech Demo.)
o Discussion of ways to alert Sakai Foundation leaders of the need to persuade Sakai (portfolio-using) institutions to put more funding into java developers working with OSP.
o Response to Ian Dolphin's request for feedback from the OSP Community
o Possible occasional discussion of implementation, performance, and teaching and learning issues at our various institutions
2. 2.9 QA Status: testing server is up; the testing schedule has not been announced; QA server will have to be redeployed.
* Resolved issues for 2.9. We need to go through this list to determine which issues need further explanation in order to clarify what needs to be tested.
o High Priority Issues - some high priority issues at top of list may be browser related, being followed up on
+ Chuck will look at 21212, hopefully this will resolve some of the other browser-related issues
+ Slow matrices issue 20715: Noah is working on this, some items are checked in; some issues are related to site association; unsure if it is ready to be tested
3. Sakai/OSP Maintenance Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle)). -- no additional information at this time.
* SAK-18766 Erratic Stickiness of Group and User, No page update after Manage Status in Matrices tool (UMICH).
4. Sakai Development Status (next major release cycle). -- no additional information at this time.
* SAK-19184 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when English is not the default locale) - Part 2.
* SAK-16693 Roster Synchronization (pending adding optional flag, branch, test server review and trunk merge).
* SAK-19469 Allow coordinators to view unpublished forms added/owned by another coordinator
* SAK-19466 Unpublished forms not available to other coordinators in Portfolio Templates tool
5. OSP Community Prioritization of Open Issues. -- no additional information at this time.
* OSP Jira FIlters.
6. OSP Reports Update and Continuing Issues. -- no additional information at this time.
7. OSP Performance Issues. -- no additional information at this time.
* SAK-20715 Matrices slow to load.
8. On the back burner. -- no additional information at this time.
* Independent OSP release cycle: action items moving forward.