Notes for Weekly OSP Conference Call on 10-03-2011
Noah Botimer – University of Michigan
Chris Mauer - Indiana University
Dave McPherson – University of Delaware
Nancy O’Laughlin - University of Delaware
Debbie Runshe – Indiana University
Janice Smith – Three Canoes
Lynn Ward- Indiana University
1. Community Updates
- Teaching and Learning (T&L) Group.
§ The Teaching with Sakai Webinar Series: Session 01 – Learning Through Reflective Writing and Immersion with Social Media_,_ last Tuesday, September 27, 2011, was well attended and was very interesting. UC Berkley hosted this inaugural webinar and Bobby White was the presenter.
- Portfolio Visioning.
§ Portfolio Visioning for Sakai OAE.
- Meeting Tuesday, September 27, 2011, went well. Reports and Minispecs meetings will be folded into the Visioning meeting time slots.
§ Portfolio Reports|http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/OSP/Portfolio+Reports.
- Dave committed 2.9 to branch, plans to commit 2.8 this week, 2.7 later.
- Lynn will put the files in Open Ed Practices.
§ Portfolio Minispecs.
- Next meeting will be October 11, 2011, 4:00-5:00 PM, EST.
- OSP Help-- no additional information discussed
§ Update Sakai.properties documentation.
§ Accessing 2.6 Help
§ Completing 2.8 Help
§ Planning for 2.9 Help
- Upgrading OSP pages on the Sakai Project website|http://www.sakaiproject.org/eportfolios. – no additional information discussed
§ Enhanced content and links to tool descriptions and resources needed.
§ Link to OSP Community Directory.
- Back burner items for future discussion – no additional information discussed
§ Recruiting OSP resources for QA or other activities.
§ Planning for Sakai 2012 Conference. (Find or make OSP Community banner for Tech Demo.)
§ Discussion of ways to alert Sakai Foundation leaders of the need to persuade Sakai (portfolio-using) institutions to put more funding into java developers working with OSP.
§ Response to Ian Dolphin's request for feedback from the OSP Community
§ Possible occasional discussion of implementation, performance, and teaching and learning issues at our various institutions
2. 2.9 QA Status Test Scripts, OSP QA 2.9 Signups with links to test scripts.
§ Lynn shared scripts were migrated to Google workbook
§ Andrea also overhauling scripts so that they are not dependent on specific servers or user names
§ Andrea will also doing testing w/Lynn and Debbie
- Resolved issues for 2.9
§ Andrea has also encountered a number of issues
§ How much time do we have to do testing? couple months; release date March/April
- High Priority Issues.
§ 1st three related
§ 21250 – may also be related, browser specific
§ 21237 – email, some comments, may be configuration issue, e.g., valid email …configuration issue?
§ Accessibility issues still here
§ 21126 – Noah took care of it in trunk; need to merge into 2.8 this week – individuals can decide what renderers they want to use
- SAK-18766 Erratic Stickiness of Group and User, No page update after Manage Status in Matrices tool (UMICH).
4. Sakai Development Status (next major release cycle). – no additional information discussed
- SAK-19184 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when English is not the default locale) - Part 2.
- SAK-16693 Roster Synchronization (pending adding optional flag, branch, test server review and trunk merge).
- SAK-19469 Allow coordinators to view unpublished forms added/owned by another coordinator
- SAK-19466 Unpublished forms not available to other coordinators in Portfolio Templates tool
5. OSP Community Prioritization of Open Issues. – no additional information discussed
- OSP Jira FIlters.
6. OSP Reports Update and Continuing Issues. – no additional information discussed
7. OSP Performance Issues.
- SAK-20715 Matrices slow to load.
§ 20715 – slowness; Noah reported good news – significant progress. Couple of fixes done, will be put in 2.9 for testing .
8. On the back burner. – no additional information discussed
- Independent OSP release cycle: action items moving forward.
Next week Chris will be gone, Janice will lead conference call discussion.