Child pages
  • 2011-10-10 Conference Call

Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.
Comment: Migrated to Confluence 4.0

Notes for Weekly OSP Conference Call on 10-10-2011
In attendance:
Nancy O’Laughlin, University of Delaware
Dave McPherson, Virginia Tech
Debbie Runshe, Indiana University
Janice Smith, Three Canoes
Lynn Ward, Indiana University

Agenda:
1. Community Updates

  • Teaching and Learning (T&L) Group. – no additional information at this time.
  • Portfolio Visioning.
    • Portfolio Visioning for Sakai OAE.
      • Next meeting October 25, 2011, 4-5 PM EST.
    • Portfolio Reports.
      • Dave has committed 2.9; 2.7 & 2.8 will be committed soon.
      • Debbie did a demo of IUPUI’s use of the ePortfolio tools and the reporting functionality for Virginia Tech on October 5, 2011, which prompted interest in the reporting functionality.
      • Lynn will put information on OpenEdPractices; would like tested before made widely available; Dave and Chris will discuss this process.
    • Portfolio Minispecs.
      • Will meet tomorrow, plan to go over template/updates, talk about meeting times and writing teams.
  • OSP Help.
    • Update Sakai properties documentation.
    • Accessing 2.6 Help - Janice has talked to Elizabeth and 2.6 is not all complete.
    • Completing 2.8 Help
    • Planning for 2.9 Help – Chris has put together a Jira filter which will assist in this process.
  • Upgrading OSP pages on the Sakai Project website .
    • Enhanced content and links to tool descriptions and resources needed. – Lynn and Janice will meet today and write draft.
    • Link to OSP Community Directory.
  • Back burner items for future discussion – no additional information at this time.
    • Recruiting OSP resources for QA or other activities.
    • Planning for Sakai 2012 Conference. (Find or make OSP Community banner for Tech Demo.)
    • Discussion of ways to alert Sakai Foundation leaders of the need to persuade Sakai (portfolio-using) institutions to put more funding into java developers working with OSP.
    • Response to Ian Dolphin's request for feedback from the OSP Community
    • Possible occasional discussion of implementation, performance, and teaching and learning issues at our various institutions

2. 2.9 QA Status Test Scripts, OSP QA 2.9 Signups with links to test scripts.

  • Resolved issues for 2.9. We need to go through this list to determine which issues need further explanation in order to clarify what needs to be tested.
    • Noah has worked on slowness issue; UD has tested; some improvement seen.
    • Andrea has submitted several Jiras: Chris has looked at some of these: 21212, 21229, 21244; may be browser issues.

3. Sakai/OSP Maintenance Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle)). – no additional information at this time.

  • SAK-18766 Erratic Stickiness of Group and User, No page update after Manage Status in Matrices tool (UMICH).

4. Sakai Development Status (next major release cycle). – no additional information at this time.

  • SAK-19184 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when English is not the default locale) - Part 2.
  • SAK-16693 Roster Synchronization (pending adding optional flag, branch, test server review and trunk merge).
  • SAK-19469 Allow coordinators to view unpublished forms added/owned by another coordinator
  • SAK-19466 Unpublished forms not available to other coordinators in Portfolio Templates tool

5. OSP Community Prioritization of Open Issues. – no additional information at this time.

  • OSP Jira Filters.

6. OSP Reports Update and Continuing Issues. – see notes above in Community Updates.

7. OSP Performance Issues.

  • SAK-20715 Matrices slow to load.
  • Nancy inquired about data that that may be available re: functionality and response issues?
    • Lynn shared that there is no formal information, however, there have been initiatives with thousands of users, e.g., Rutgers. Janice Smith may have more information. University of Michigan has done some load issues. Providing/securing information has typically been done as issues are encountered.
    • Janice Smith encouraged Nancy and others with questions/issues to post them in this section of the agenda for discussion.

8. On the back burner.-- no additional information at this time.

  • Independent OSP release cycle: action items moving forward.