- Assignment - An activity to be performed. If this activity is related to a goal (i.e. associated linked with the goal), the individual's performance in relation to the goal can be rated.
- Associate - The act of relating a goal with an assignment. Successful completion of the assignment should indicate progress towards the related goal, although this may not always be the caseone worksite with another. In doing so, it is then possible to link activities in one worksite to goals in the same or another worksite.
- Data Point - A generic activity. For activities that occur outside of the system, a data point can be created as a way to link and rate automatically generated submissions.
- Goal - An objective that may be related to activities that a student is expected to perform. A goal may contain zero or more subgoals.
- GoalSet Goal Set - A group of related goals that are managed together.
- Grade - The act of evaluating a student's assignment submission. This is an indicator of successful completion of the assignment. Publish This is not to be confused with the similar action of rating links.
- Link - The act of making a set of goals (GoalSet) available for association with assignments within a worksite (class)relating an activity to a goal. Successful completion of the activity should indicate progress towards the related goal.
- Publish Globally - The act of making a set of goals (GoalSetgoal set) available for association with assignments across all worksites (all classes). The School of Education (SOE) at Syracuse University has a set of proficiencies that span programs and courses. These would be published as a global goalsetlinking. Only goals within published goal sets can be linked to.
- Rate - The act of evaluating a student's performance in relation to a goal. This is an indicator of successfully demonstrating progress towards the desired objective.