- Open a task in JIRA specifying what you are doing:
- The Component should be Internationalization Translation
- The Affects Version should can be whatever left set to the current release is or default (i.e.g. 2.4.x, Unknown)
- The Assign To should be set to yourself
- The Summary and Description should be filled it appropriately.
- Only one JIRA issue is required for translating multiple components within Sakai.
- You should check out (or refresh) a trunk version of Sakai from subversion
- Update the properties files (and optionally *.metaprops files if you're using the ResourceProperties editor)
- Build and Deploy to a server for test
- Verify each module appears as expected (and doesn't crash!)
- Commit each subversion module individually explicitly and reference the JIRA issue, for example:
$ svn commit chat calendar assignment -m "SAK-1234 update Japanese translation"
- "Resolve Issue" in JIRA:
- Set the Fix version to Nightly/SVN-Trunk the latest release (e.g. currently 2.7.x [Tentative])
- If you would like this change merged to a previous release, set that status to 'Merge' (e.g. 2.6.x Status' and re-assign to Beth Kirschner.I will then give it my blessing and request that it be included in the current release (as appropriate)).
- Important: Once a JIRA issue has been resolved, you must open a new JIRA ticket for additional commits