Definition for Sakai
An error in design or implementation which directly impedes a user from achieving their expected result.
A new capability being added to Sakai.
A desired capability, for inclusion in a future release of Sakai; ideas that come with resources interested in implementing them are more likely to be developed than those offered with the hope that someone else will step forward to do the work.
<ac:structured-macro ac:name="unmigrated-wiki-markup" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="9270118e8afe1360-c057c7b6-466e4e38-9d7384b9-40de394710ca5dbd026a13d3"><ac:plain-text-body><![CDATA[
A community-contributed patch to a particular version of Sakai. The origin of such issues may lie in Bugs or Feature Requests which Sakai has not yet evaluated for implementation. Under such circumstances a linked issue is generally created by cloning the original issue in order to track Sakai's work on the issue. [Use at your own risk!]
An experimental branch of code, which may or may not be merged back into the main code after the experiment completes; identified in SVN by a branch named with the Jira Key.
- Select an appropriate issue from the list of issues "QA Awaiting Verification".
- Attempt to verify the issue.
- If the issue passes verification:
- Verify the Fix Version is correct. Generally the Fix Version of an issue will be correctly set when it is merged into the branch, however, under certain circumstances, such as re-resolving re-opened issues, the Fix Version may need updating. If its not clear which version the fix was actually in, simply update it to the version on which you've just verified the issue. (Note: issues can have more than one Fix Version, such as being fixed in the next release plus in another version's Maintenance Branch, so be careful that you do not accidentally remove a previously verified Fix Version when adding your own.)
- Close the issue. This will move the issue from the "Awaiting Verification" to the "Verified" list in Jira.
- If it fails verification:
- Update Affects Version to include version tested.
- Reopen issue and re-assign to project team leader. If is not clear to whom the issue needs to be re-assigned, then assign it to default.
To be filled in...