The Matrix and Portfolio tools must be available within a user's workspace and contain an aggregated view of matrices/portfolios in all worksites for a particular user.
This change was proposed to make matrices and portfoiios more accessible when spread out across many worksites.
The requirement originated at the OSP/Sakai 2.5 Planning Meeting in May 2007 (Ann Arbor).
Discussed in weekly conference calls, documented in minutes and JIRA.
- MyWorkspace Portfolio tool aggregates portfolios for all worksites. All portfolios that are shared or owned will appear in My Workspace.
- Portfolio permissions are based on originating worksite.
- Users are allowed to add porfolios within the MyWorkspace worksite.
- MyWorkspace Matrix tool aggregates matrices for all worksites. All matrices defined in a user's member worksite will appear in My Workspace. tool.
- Matrix permissions are based on originating worksite.
- Users are not allowed to add matrices within the MyWorkspace worksite.