Meeting minutes for September 22, 2008
No new issues
Sakai/OSP 2.6 and beyond Development Status
- SAK-13146 Add custom form as an option on main page of wizard. Chuck Hedrick wasn't on call to discuss his progress.
- SAK-13719 Matrix tool / tracking permission changes (IU). IU went be going live with this last Thursday. Lynn will demo the changes on Breeze at the October 6th teleconference
- SAK-14417 Redesign Portfolio User Experience. UM will demo the changes in the SAK-14417 branch next Monday, September 29th.
- LOI has proposed building an Evaluation-centric Workflow Engine for Sakai
- They are interested in user stories from other institutions on how this could be applied
- Multiple Workflows within one Sakai instance would be supported
- Allowing a user to select from a pre-defined workflow would be an improvement over the current multi-step options needed to implement a workflow with portfolios/matrices
- UM is looking at alternatives to the Assignment submit, return, resubmit workflow that would support a collaborative mode – this might be an application for the workflow engine
- Sean was interested in preserving a version history – this could be included as an API option, but should not be implemented in the workflow to keep the scope focused
- UM use of the Matrix workflow (collection, reflection, evaluation, etc) does not fit how it is being used in many of our projects and a generic workflow engine could help solve this.
- Beth supports a research-based application of Sakai that is interested in the Checklist, and would be interested in integrating this workflow engine with external applications via web services
- Event notification (e.g. email, web-services) would be a requirement
- How should this be contributed to the community?
- Suggestion: Start this as a contrib tool with frequent updates to the sakai-dev list (parallel the Email Template component).
- Suggestion: Provide a simple application of the workflow (e.g. proposal document collaboration, iteration, review, submission
- Suggestion: OSp could be a good target appliation
- Suggestion: survey existing workflow options