Meeting minutes for August 11, 2008
- SAK-14161 Downloading portfolios in clustered environments. John Ellis' patch works, but UM can't use it. Beth will look into a different approach, such as storing the secret key in the database. John recommended keeping the configuration option in, though, because it solves the problem where a server cannot talk to itself.
Sakai/OSP 2.6 and beyond Development Status
- SAK-13146 Chuck Hedrick has implemented all changes except for sequential wizards. He will implement it there, too.
- SAK-13719 (IUPUI) Matrix tool / tracking permission changes almost done. Lynn will do a presentation. We need to decided whether to include the changes in the trunk. It would be good for the community to have it merged back in, but it is not clear that IU has the time to accommodate requests/objections from the community. Their release date is Sept. 15, so the presentation is tentatively set for Sept. 22.
- SAK-13917 default image upload to worksite/public.We have a proposed implementation that was discussed on the dev list.
- SAK-14162 Portfolio share site. Rutgers has some sites with thousands of users. Charles Hedrick was thinking of setting a limit, and only up to that number of users is shown. Lynn suggested putting the toggle button for show roles from all sites up above the text box. It was generally felt that the page should be redesigned, possibly to include features such as paging of users. The question was raised whether there is a FERPA issue with displaying all users in a site. No one was sure, but at a minimum the share page should respect the privacy setting in My Workspace, Preferences, Privacy Status. This is a feature that has to be turned on. Beth will test whether it is respected and write up a Jira if it is not.
New Development for 2.6
- Call with Nathan Pearson about UX will take place Thursday, 8/14.
- University of Wyoming attended today. They have a long-term interest in the Reports tool, which needs work to make it more usable.